Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 14 March 2013

Big A Tree

I was lucky to have a weekend plus of stitching and divided my time between 4 projects.  This tree is a whopper, but I should have known when I pulled out the piece of linen that came with Susan Singleton's chart and silks.  Wow.  Two dedicated days went into the peaches, yellow limbs, and aqua fill in stitches.  But as my DH always says, 'Hard things are Worth things'.  (and it's really not hard)  The trunk isn't even done yet!


Soon I will start on the butterfly and deer next to the tree.  Yeah!


Susan is really fun to stitch.  Hopefully those Millennium frames and workstations will become available soon (fingers crossed).  I think that would help to get a real rhythm going.  I stitch in hand mostly and this is a bear to wrestle. (Did I mention she is BIG?)

Marsha

5 comments:

Krista said...

Nice progress! Looks like a real fun stitch!

Deb said...

Wonderful progress!! I started this a while ago and really need to get back to it. I think that it would be a fun stitch.

Nicola said...

I adore your DH's saying. I have stored it away for using myself.

Susan in amazing. LOVE the colours and detail.

Kevin said...

Marsha,
Your stitching is beautiful. Love that peach tree. You will LOVE your new frame. It's a little bit of an adjustment to stitch with two hands (for me,anyway) but I do think it increases your speed a bit. This sampler looks like another to be added to my GROwing list of "must haves!" Look forward to your project pics!

Fiona said...

Love that big A tree.