Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 17 March 2013

Curious Minds

This post is mainly for Marsha / The Scarlet Letter. My 2 grandsons (age5&7) were over last night.
They were very interested in my stitching and asked if I would stitch one for there house. Because they are always fishing with grandpa, I showed them the Fishing Lady. The reply was "yuk" its a girl. I then showed them Barb Hudsons picture of The River sampler. They both agreed but I had to explain it was o.o.p. Their question is why? I said maybe she only prints a certain number and when there gone they are gone.Or maybe its only available for a certain lengh of time.Perhaps Marsha you could help me answer their question. They finally decided on Country Life (because of the hunter and lots of animals) or the Chimneypiece(lots of animals and a big pond). Either sampler  will take my forever to stitch, so they better decide soon.

9 comments:

Carolann Dunaske said...

Dear Debbie, I love "The River"...perhaps Marsha would be able to re-issue this pattern if enough of us show an interest????

Elizabeth said...

What a pleasure it must be for the wee ones to take an interest.

Stitch Wizard said...

I too just really really love The River and would love to have it. I would have to say it would just thrill me as I love to fish and I love the outdoors too and Please Scarlet Letter, consider bringing it back to all of us!!! :)

Kevin said...

I'm hopin' and wishin' the luck o' the Irish will be with me today. PLEASE Marsha, I'm beggin' ye here - would you be kind enough to consider a re-release of THE RIVER?
I'm "new" to stitching reproduction samplers, and love the many beautiful charts you've released for us to stitch. But The River is definitely one I'd absolutely love to stitch and would order the kit with silks in a heartbeat!
Sincerely hoping it's one you'll think about. I know MANY stitchers who've mentioned this particular chart as one they wish was still available. Thanks for your time, and a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you.

Denise said...

I am with all of the above! Oh wouldn't it be a glorious day to have the river re-released! Oh could we get that lucky! OH please truly consider this.

Kathy said...

Debbie, would you please reconsider releasing The River again. It is such a beautiful sampler and I missed out on it the first time. I have matured and have come to enjoy the beautiful samplers. Please reconsider releasing The River. Thanks for listening.

Scarlet Letter said...

The River is not a counted thread sampler. The design was silk screened onto the linen, a "stamped" design. The stitches used are crewel type stitches, not a bit of cross stitch. When my silk screener went out of business and every last bit of printed linen was sold I had to choice but to discontinue the design. I still have a good supply of the pamphlets with the drawn design indicating the colors and stitches to use, and if you would mail a self addressed stamped large envelope to me, the postage will be around $2.07 in the USA and Canada, I'm happy to send a chart to you at no additional expense. Overseas customers can send me $2.50 via Paypal.

Debbie Bauer said...

Thank you Marsha. Most importantly I can give my grandsons the correct answer. I will send for your pamplet, look at ways to transfer the design and then decide if I can tackle this project. I also ordered the Christmas sampler so perhaps I will make this a gift for their home. I love so many of your designs another choice will not be difficult.

Stitch Wizard said...

Oh how I wish it had been for cross stitch! It is gorgeous!! I don't enjoy crewel as I do cross stitch though.