Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Diligence

I have not made a great deal of progress on Diligence, but I have made some.

I have the concentration of a goldfish and the mind of a butterfly!

Anyway, here she is




I did actually take a picture of the whole top of the sampler, but Blogpress, in its infinite wisdom, is choosing what to show.

I am finding the stitching of the words hard going - mostly just working out how much space I need to leave between letters and in spite of much deliberation, conjugation and conversation I am still adjusting as I go! My first little fiddling was right after the word Diligence!

Does anyone have a foolproof method of working this out? It's the little embellishments on the letters that get me.

This would have been a whole lot easier 'sans serif'......

Not half as pretty though.

Lovely to see all these samplers progressing. Good job Nicola, even though you are very old now!!!

Love Irene xxx

I can say that because I am the proverbial donkey's years older than Nicola!




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Krista said...

So very pretty, Irene! Love that sweet bird. This sampler has such lovely pastel colors.

Nicola said...

LOL !! You are as old as you feel and today I am full of the joys of spring.

Your sampler is looking good so you must be showing lots of Diligence to stitch all this lettering.

MoonBeam said...

Very pretty start...I love the border on this.

Not sure I understand your concern on the lettering, but what you have done looks beautiful.

Good luck!

Bobbi

Kathy said...

I love your sampler. The colors are very pretty and I just love the little bird. He looks like he's all ready for Easter.

janitam said...

It is a lot of work, but it is worth it, it going to be beautiful.

Fiona said...

Great work, all your diligence has paid off and it looks fantastic.