Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 25 March 2013

Dorothy Walpole is almost finished!!

I didn't realize it has been a whole month since I posted. I have done a good deal of work on Dorothy, I could have had it finished but had some surgery and have not been able to stitch for several days. As you see, I just have a little to do on the border and the eyelet border across the bottom. She is just a beauty and I am so happy with her!! Some have asked about the linen, it is colorscapes by Heritage and the silks are overdyed. I got the sampler when it was the sampler of the month at Attic Needlework. Most of you will be familiar with Attic, they are wonderful ladies, always helpful and they love Samplers!! They have this deal called Sampler of the Month, they feature a sampler and give you a discount on the chart, linen and floss. Anyway, sometimes they do silk conversions of whatever the sampler is charted for and this is what I used on Dorothy. I was a little concerned at first but I have decided that it is all perfect.

I also started Manifesto, as you can see, there is very little work done!!! I am working on 35 count natural linen, nice and stiff, and I am tent stitching over 1. I am using DMC, much as I love silk I am trying to be a little more careful with my money. So more DMC and less silk maybe?? I don't know, maybe that won't last long, but we'll see.


Thank you for all the comments, I appreciate them and thanks to you all for all the great posts on both Blog One and Two, it is a joy to see all the beautiful samplers!








8 comments:

Jenny said...

Sonja, Your Dorothy is absolutely breathtaking. You have done a beautiful job on her and hooray.......you are almost finished!

Sabrina Fechtel said...

That is so pretty!! They did a wonderful job with the silk colors and linen and your stitching is amazing :)

samplerlover said...

Dorothy is looking really lovely. Another great favourite of mine.

Nicola said...

So very beautiful, your needles have been flying. Have you thought about the frame yet?

Kim said...

This so beautiful, love the colors, the flowers, everything about it!!
Wonderful needlework~

janitam said...

What a beautiful colors, i love the dark linen with the pink.

Cindy L said...

Oh, I just love your Dorothy.

Fiona said...

Dorothy looks beautiful, the conversion has lovely colours in it. Congratulations on your almost finish.