Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Elizabeth Sheffield

Here is my update on Elizabeth Sheffield. I am switching off between the over 2 and over 1.   I often wonder why she chose certain colors- like why are the leaves yellow on the one plant.   I checked my chart repeatedly to be sure I had the right color.  Now if I find out it was a chart error, I don't think I would frog the over 1.  I am enjoying working on this piece.

Although I did stitch most of my time on Elizabeth, I did manage to do a row of the eyelet alphabet on Ann Greanawalt:



I am so enjoying everyone's posts and photos of their samplers!

Friends in stitches,
Cindy L


8 comments:

Kevin said...

Love these! Especially your Elizabeth Sheffield. I just ordered the kit for her sampler. Is there an awful lot of over one stitching charted on this?

Nicola said...

All so beautiful Cindy and your photos are so crisp, what camera are you using?

MoonBeam said...

Both are beautiful; nice work. I especially like the fabric and threads on the second one...I think it was Ann.

Keep up your great work.

Bobbi

Jenny said...

Your samplers are both coming along beautifully. I love the bright colors in Elizabeth Sheffield and those birds keep calling to me....Hmmm....I hope you are having a nice weekend.

Bristol Stitcher said...

Your Elizabeth Sheffield is beauiful and inspiring! I'm working on this on (and Jane Atkinson) too and didn't know about the charting errors. Is there someplace to see chart corrections? Thanks!

Cindy L said...

Thank you for your comments. This has been such an enjoyable sampler to do.
Kevin, I look forward to having you stitch along. I also bought the silk kit but I think an evenweave fabric would work nicer. My fabric has a few thick and thin threads that make the over 1 very slow going trying to figure where to stitch at times.
Bristol Stitcher- I'm not sure if there was an error or the stitcher's choice but it would be nice to know if there is a place to find errors in the charts before we stitch.
Thanks again,
Cindy L
Nicola- a Nikon Coolpix-I'm still trying to figure out how to take clear pics.

janitam said...

I love the bright colors on the Elizabeth sampler.

Fiona said...

Love both your samplers. The colour of the bird on Elizabeth looks amazing.