Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 28 March 2013

Elizabeth Sheffield

    I hope we finally have our internet back! On March 12th, we were supposed to have a new cable laid for faster internet and better phone service so they cut our lines only to discover a multitude of problems with the connections. You don't realize how much you use the internet until it is not available.  I did manage to get some stitching done though. This picture of Elizabeth was from last week when I thought I'd be able to post.


     I did not realize until I started stitching that my daughter Jennifer and Elizabeth share the same birthday. My Jennifer is the one who encouraged me to join Nicola on her SL year and helped me set up gmail, how to use it and follow Jo's instructions. So it will have added meaning for me when finished.

Question :  Does anyone know what the symbol in the year means 177....?

     It looks like it will take me some time to read all the posts I've missed these past 2 weeks but I am looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.

Happy Easter to all,

Cindy L

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Cindy,
Your Elizabeth is looking beautiful. My son got me up and running for this challenge....thank goodness for computer wise children...

Dawn said...

How wonderful there is a shared birthday!
Thank you for sharing your progress.

Jonette said...

Beautiful!! I just ordered this chart today.

Nicola said...

Your sampler is truly beautiful and with the shared birth date a must stitch. It will be a lovely and meaningful heirloom sampler for your daughter.

Scarlet Letter said...

Hello friends, I'll try to post a photo of the original Sheffield in a separate post. The date is as it is- ambiguous.

janitam said...

I think Elizabeth embroidery the date and didn,t know when it was finish. On they end see forget the lest nr. I love this sampler, beautiful work.

Marsha said...

Very beautiful. She is progressing well.

Dona said...

Beautiful sampler, and it will be even more meaningful as the original stitcher shares a birth date with your daughter!

Fiona said...

Lovely progress and so glad you have Internet back.