Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Elizabeth Shephard, 1820, New Start

I thought this would be a progress report, but find I never mentioned it as a new start back when on 2/25 - when I did start.  Oh, well, let me show you a snaperoo...

 
....  and now the particulars......I am stitching her on a piece of LL 36ct Vintage Magnolia, and using my own conversion from the recommended DMC (3803,934 & 3031) to Silks (Gloriana "Dried Pink Roses", Gloriana "Elizabethan Green" & Belle Soie "Briar Patch").

I always enjoy Quaker pieces and this is a joy to work on!!

Take care,
edgar

9 comments:

MoonBeam said...

Great start. I, too, love stitching Quakers. Your silks are going to make this piece a real beauty.

Bobbi

Elizabeth said...

This is really lovely. It is also interesting to see that you stitch the outline with one half of cross stitch. I think I might try that. Thank you.

Lanie said...

Hi Edgar! Quaker samplers are beautiful. I love your color choices. Will be looking forward to your progress.
Enjoy!

Nicola Parkman said...

I adore your colour choices. Colours can really alter the look and feel of a sampler.

Tommye said...

Love the drama of your colors. Looking great.

janitam said...

I love quakers, lovely sampler.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Great colors.

Your stitching is beautiful.

Kevin said...

Great thread conversions from the DMC to the silks. Love Quaker designs, and this one is really coming along quite nicely! Do you have some sore of reference you use (color cards, etc..) when doing your thread conversions, or do you choose colors you like and brands you prefer using in place of DMC? I'm not very brave when it comes to choosing my own fibers to sub for the fibers a chart has listed, but I'd like to start doing this for many of the charts I have.

Fiona said...

Great start and your colour choices look great together.