Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 8 March 2013

Emma Miles Slogging Through the Over One

I realized today that it has been some time since I've posted here.  I have to admit I'm not enjoying stitching the over one Adam and Eve (and I still have another set of them to go!)  I seem to find myself finding things to do other than stitch just to avoid this, and I'm feeling guilty about it.  This week I've made myself work on it for at least an hour each day and I've made some progress.  I'll be finished with the tree soon. 

Part of the problem is that I made the grass part at the bottom too wide.  I decided to repeat that on the right side rather than rip out over 1 stitches on 40 ct.....yuck!!  I think it will look fine, but I've given myself extra over 1 stitching due to this mistake.

Still plugging along,
Lynn

PS  Once the over large over one part is finished the rest should seem much easier!!

9 comments:

Debbie Bauer said...

I am also doing Emma.Not near as far along as you are. Now you are making me nervous about the 1 over!
However your stitching is so lovely that I gives me inspiration to keep going.

Stitch Wizard said...

Your progress is looking really pretty!! Are you doing a tent stitch for the over one? I am also stithing on 40 ct as it is my favorite to stitch on and I have learned that doing just the tent stitch for over one has been a life saver for me. I have lots of over 1 on Elizabeth Sheffield and now I feel confident doing the over 1 as it is going in quite well for me. I still like over 2 much more but don't mind the over one as much doing it this way. I was told about doing that and it works and still covers well. I hope things get easier for you as it is a very pretty sampler!

Diana said...

It looks really nice - can't wait to see it finished.

Serena B said...

Keep going, your Emma is looking lovely!

Lanie said...

Emma is such a pretty sampler ... sending good thoughts to get through the over 1. Over 1 always takes more time, more concentration, more patience, but the final results are beautiful.

KB said...

Hang in there Lynn...you can do it!! this is such a great piece.... so keep going... an hour a day and the next thing you know it will be done with the over 1 and you can move on to the rest of the sampler... sending good thought and encouragement your way!!!

Dawn said...

Looks great! Love your improv.
I did some reverse stitching over of some over one yesterday.
Sending good stitching thoughts your way!!

Lynn said...

Debbie, I'm sorry I made you nervous! I just needed to complain to people who understand, lol. I have now finished the tree and branches so I just need to do the fruit and then I can start the other side. It is tent stitch so that is easier. I should probably do a little border to break up the over one.

Fiona said...

Your are making progress. Over 1 never looks like it is making progress, but it is. I am with you and there is no way I would have reverse stitched all that over 1.