Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Happiness Is........

Happiness Is.............
 
......Seeing the first rosebud of Spring on my favorite English Tea Rose
 
......Spending time sharing family stories and pictures with my daughter
 
......Re-reading my favorite book ever and loving it just as much as if I were
reading it for the first time
 
......Seeing the Sampler Gallery of The Scarlet Letter,posted by Marsha, and
enjoying those beautiful samplers over and over again
 
AND........
 
......RECEIVING A PACKAGE IN THE MAIL FROM NICOLA AND THE
SCARLET LETTER!!!!!!!!


I was so happy to have won the March drawing and the sampler that I picked has arrived.

I had so fun much visiting the SL website looking for my chart. Like many of you, my list of SL charts that I want to stitch is growing rapidly. However the one that I really want to stitch after Matilda is SDW A German Band Sampler. I love seeing the posts about this sampler and I have found myself drawn to it from the very first. I also wanted to stitch a German sampler because so much of my family heritage as well as my husbands goes back to Germany. So picking the chart was accomplished and now I had to choose the linen. I emailed Nicola with my choice of SDW and explained that I was still deciding on the linen choice and she suggested the kit with cotton floss. What a wonderful suggestion and as you can see.....I followed her advice and could not be happier. The linen is beautiful, it appears to be close to 36 count Edinburgh in the colour Flax. ( This is what the others are using that are stitching this sampler and they all are happy with it....so I decided to go with what is working well....grins....).


Thank-you so much Nicola! I absolutely love this kit and am so excited to start. The colours are beautiful, the linen is perfect and your little note was really special. This will be a much loved sampler. This is by far the largest sampler that I have ever stitched and I know that I will enjoy every single stitch....and after looking at the pattern there A LOT of those LOL....but I will treasure the journey and always remember the wonderful memories made during your Scarlet Letter Year.

So now the only question that remains is ....will I start this along with Matilda.....or will I finish Matilda first?

Happy Stitching Everyone and I hope all of you have a very blessed Easter!

~Jenny~


15 comments:

Elaine said...

Congratulations! It is a wonderful sampler, mine is 'resting' for the Easter holidays but I am really looking forward to picking it up again.

JoAnn said...

I also extend my congratulations. I have stitched SDW and enjoyed every moment I stitched on it and I know you will too.

Lanie said...

Congratulations Jenny. That is a wonderful prize you won and you picked a beautiful sampler ... one of my top favorites!
Enjoy!

brod'attitude said...

Congratulations

Kielrain said...

What a beautiful choice. It will be exciting to see your progress on it!

Elizabeth said...

I think you are going to have some real fun and enjoyment with this. Congratulations.

Diana said...

Congrats also and it's on me wish list also for some day

Michele said...

Jenny, you have made a wonderful choice. I am really enjoying SDW and I look forward to seeing your progress. x

Bethany said...

Congrats to you and what a lovely sampler you chose.

Marsha said...

Decisions, decisions. Oh who are we kidding! Start SDW too. So excited for you!

OctoberLace said...

Congratulations! I'll be starting my SDW after I finish And They Sinned, which is moving along nicely. It's a beautiful chart.

janitam said...

Congratulations, it is a beauty.

Cindy L said...

Congratulations! It is fun to get a package in the mail. I look forward to seeing photos of your progress.

Dawn said...

Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Fiona said...

Congratulations on your new sampler. I look forward to watching your progress when you start.