Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 7 March 2013

having a hard time stitching

Hi All!  I have been trying to follow everyone's progress on their samplers.  I haven't been able to stitch as much as I would like this year.  I did manage to kit up and put a few test stitches in my piece...a Pattern Record.   I am using HDF Silks for my sampler.  Right now I am battling neuropathy and fatigue after finishing up chemotherapy in January.   My hands ... Especially the tips... Are completely numb and painful.   I can stitch for 5 or 10 minutes at a time and then have to put my work down because of the pain.   I am starting a new rx for the neuropathy this weekend...so hopefully things will get better soon. ....  Alex

17 comments:

Elaine said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery Alex.

wranglerkate said...

Hi Alex - Sending you best well wishes and hoping that you will be feeling better soon!

Faye said...

Hoping for the best and a smooth recovery.....

Louise said...

I hope you'll be stitching soon!

Jenny said...

Hi Alex, I hope you will be feeling better soon.

Angie Burrett said...

Lots of positive thoughts x

Nicola said...

Dear Alex,

I hope that your new treatment helps and you will be back to good health soon.

Please let us all know how you are doing, we are here routing for you.

Hugs

Nicola xxx

Scarlet Letter said...

Dear Alex, You might try to find a needle with a more rounded tip, like a crewel needle. It's easier on the finger tips. My love and prayers for a swift recovery

Stitch Wizard said...

Dear Alex, sending big hugs and prayers your way!! I hope that you start feeling much better very soon and that your stitching will become much easier for you! We really all are routing for you to get better and better. Please let us all know how you are doing!! Hugs Debby

Diana said...

My thoughts are with you too and I wish you a speedy recovery

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The fact that you want to stitch is a good thing so hopefully when things improve you can manage to stitch more each day. Take it a day at a time - I'll keep a good thought for your progress.

Lanie said...

Sending you good thoughts and prayers for your continuing recovery.

JoAnn said...

Along with the other stitchers I am lifting you up in prayer.

I have a question to ask: I stitched mostly with Soie D'Alger silk, what is HDF and how does it compare with SDA?

Nicola said...

SDA is my absolute favourite thread but I have heard very good reports on HDF - Hand Dyed Fibers. Here is the link to their website http://www.hand-dyedfibers.com/

JoAnn said...

Thank you for the information re. HDF.


Krista said...

I hope your new rx will have you feeling better soon!!

Fiona said...

Hope your new treatment makes a difference and you soon feel better.