Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 25 March 2013

Hello from OZ

Well after longingly looking at every post on this blog since its inception I've finally plucked up the confidence to join myself. I have just loved looking at all the work that's been completed, the amazing skill level in the stitching and the stitching stories. When I go to check the previous days entries I think of it as my wee moment of bliss in a very busy world.

Just a little bit about me in the way of an introduction to the group. I am a Kiwi (New Zealander) living in Australia for the past 7 years. Australia has been very good to me, I have been lucky enough to meet my wonderful husband here and we are happily settled in a rural Victorian town quite close to the iconic Great Ocean Road. I work in Melbourne so life is one long commute, its definitely worth it to live in such a beautiful spot though. The ranges close by remind me of my homeland - not quite mountains but very green and lush. I have been stitching since I can remember, knitting as a child then onto needlework for many years and patchwork just recently. I find that these pastimes allow me to have space and creativity outside the corporate world of computers and deadlines.

I am currently have a WIP on the go, the Scottish Sampler which I started on my Christmas break. Its only had a very few stitches in it since then as I have been working on other projects but it is now at the very front of the pile again and I am hoping to stitch over the Easter break.


I love the bold colours and strong patterns.

Im looking forward to posting progress as I go.

I have my own blog started very recently  http://stitchingintheevening.blogspot.com.au

Cheers
Kathryn

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Welcome to the fun Kathryn! Your start is beautiful and I love the colors. I am becoming very fond of the Scottish samplers so I know someday I will stitch one too. Happy stitching.

Sabrina Fechtel said...

The colors and your stitching are beautiful!!

Angie Burrett said...

So glad you decided to join us Kathryn on this inspirational journey - everyone is so enthusiastic and there are some amazing pieces of history being sewn. I shall look forward to your posts.

Lanie said...

Welcome to the SLY, Kathryn! I am sure you will enjoy and be as inspired as we have been. Looking forward to following your posts.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Those colours are really vibrant, it will be absorbing to stitch and wonderful when finished. Just checked out your blog too, lovely projects. Irene xxx

Babs in Alabama said...

Hi Ka! I am going to enjoy watching your sampler grow. I love those colors and I love how all the samplers take on a life of their own once we start stitching them ourselves. welcome

Babs in Alabama said...

Sorry about your name going into the cloud there, Kathryn. Computer so sensitive.

Bethany said...

Welcome, so many beautiful samplers here to look at. You sure live in a lovely area.

Fiona said...

Welcome Kathryn, any stitches are progress, your Sampler looks great.

city said...

thanks for share....