Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 14 March 2013

Hello,
This is my first post on a blog. I am excited to become a member of Nicola's Scarlet Letter Year. I have ordered Susan Singleton and Rachel Allen to work on this year. My grandmother taught me how to embroider and do crewel when I was a little girl. Over the years I have done many needlework projects. I started doing cross stitch in the 80's. Life got in the way and I went for a period over the last decade or so that I did very little needle work. I did not know about blogs and stumbled upon one and got inspired to take up needle work again. This got me interested in reproduction samplers. I just finished Mary Gibson and it was a fun stitch. I will have to say that taking up needle work again has helped me through some tough times over the last few years with health issues and the loss of several family members. I consider it my form of meditation. Happy Stitching!

20 comments:

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Jonette,
Your Mary Gibson is lovely. I purchased both that one and James Wilson from the Haslemere, but so far have stitched on James.

Melinda

Cheri said...

Welcome, your sampler is just beautiful.

Erica near Chicago said...

Hello and welcome. I love your idea of needlework as meditation.

Marsha said...

That is a beautiful piece of work. I am working on Susan Singleton and she's pretty awesome, and BIG.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats on your first blog post.

The sampler is beautiful too, I love the reds and blues in it.

I find stitching very therapeutic too.

Evelyne said...

Your Mary Gibson is beautiful!
I'm working on A Parrot ,A Lion, A
Leopard and also on Susan Singleton.

Welcome and happy stitching

Nicola said...

What a super finish. Stitching is definitely good therapy.

Tommye said...

What a stunning sampler! Well done.

Jonette said...

Thanks everyone! In my best southern Virginia drawl, "Ya'll really know how to make a gal feel welcome!"

Debbie Bauer said...

Jonette your sampler is beautiful.I just love the colors in it.

Robyn said...

This is a lovely sampler.

Carole said...

Your Mary is beautiful!

Bhooma said...

What a great finish! Love it.

Pam Tanner said...

This sampler is very pretty. I do cross stitch to stop me mulling ove things. When I stitch I have to focus on the chart and the thread and the fabric. Stitching is a great way to totally absorb your focus.

Kathy said...

Beautiful sampler, congratulations on your finish.

Loraine said...

So beautiful! I love this sampler. Welcome to the stitch world again.

woolwoman said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging Jonette ! I hope we see a lot more of you. I love Susan Singleton - enjoy! Melody

Kevin said...

What a beautiful job on this sampler! Congrats on your first blog post!

janitam said...

This is a beautiful sampler, up to the next one.

Fiona said...

Welcome to the blog, great first post. Mary looks stunning and I look forward to watching your progress on your next sampler.