Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 2 March 2013

Kitting up SDW

I recently received my chart for SDW A German Sampler circa 1710 and now need to get my materials together.  I'm pretty sure I want to go with the AVAS silks, but it seems that 1425 has been discontinued.  Does anyone know what would be recommended in its place? 

I also need to choose a linen, which will probably be a special order to get the linear half.  I know I'll want a stitch count of 35-40, but the major choice is fabric color.  I love the Lakeside Linen in Vintage Sand Dune that I'm using for And They Sinned, but I think I may want to go a bit lighter for SDW. 

If you're stitching SDW or have already finished, I'd love to hear what you did for #1425 and what fabric you chose.

Theresa

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Hi Theresa, I checked with AVAS and they recommend 1426 as the closest substitute. I am currently stitching this on 36ct Edinburgh in Flax

Nicola said...

Hello Teresa

Marsha kits up SDW with 1425 substituted with 1426. I am also using 36ct Edinburgh in Flax and am very pleased with the results.

You are going to love stitching this sampler.

OctoberLace said...

Thanks for the info on the AVAS silk. I recently finished Gigi R's Belles-Lettres D on 32 ct. Belfast in Flax, so I know that's a great color.