Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 18 March 2013

Manifesto SAL Progress Photo

Here is my latest progress photo of Manifesto.  I am loving this so much and today is my first day of stitching with both hands!  I thought it would be really awkward but it is just working out really well and speeding up my stitching so much!  It is like going from using a typewriter to having a printer.   I am optimistic that I really will complete my Manifesto before I turn 95 now lol.   Actually I love this so much I will hate to see it end.  It is just something I really love.

7 comments:

Vera said...

This looks so beautiful...each time I see pictures of Manifesto I am so tempted...but it is SO MUCH stitching!!! I'm curious about 2 handed stitching. I stitch in hand using a sewing method. Is 2 handed when you use a frame with one hand on top and the other underneath? Is it easy to get used to stitching this way? Everyone raves about the Millenium frame...just wondering if I could adapt to it.

Stitch Wizard said...

Thank you Vera for your nice comment. Yes, as Nicola's video showed, it is a wonderful new way at least for me to stitch and so much faster than my old way of the stab method and having to carry my hand from back to front.

Kevin said...

This is beautiful! I'm also learning to adapt to the two handed stitching and agree with you that it speeds up the process (I'm also a stab method stitcher - well, USED to be a stabber!) Love the work you've done on this. The colors are so pretty.

Lanie said...

Your work is fabulous. I too have always stitched " in hand with the sewing method" but I'm thinking I must give this frame a try!

Stitch Wizard said...

www.woodentreasures.info

Nicola said...

You are making good progress. I spent most of yesterday working on her and at the end of the day I had made very little progress. So many stitches but so beautiful.

Fiona said...

Your Manifesto is look great. I have used a frame and stand for years for large projects and love stitching two handed, glad you are enjoying your new frame.