Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 30 March 2013

Margret and Me

A quick hello from a gradually thawing Wisconsin. We're hopeful for spring, but the jury is still out, as it were.

Margret Lawrance and I have become acquainted and are getting along pretty well. I'm liking the colors. Can I say they're muted but bright or do those two adjectives cancel each other out? At any rate I'm pleased.


I'm also pleased with the linen I chose--the mottled hand-dye suits the floss colors very well, and will keep things interesting as I progress through all those alphabets.

So here's a stitcher's-eye-view of my world--my hand, Margret Lawrance, and Lucy the Westie who is never far away. 


Lately, I've been stitching along while catching up with four seasons of Breaking Bad. It's an odd juxtaposition--the delicate art of cross-stitch coupled with the story of the cancer-stricken chemistry teacher who begins cooking meth as a sideline, but it works for me. Breaking Bad--highly recommended if you like very, very dark comedy, with a side of vicious Mexican drug cartel.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Kathie,
Your Margret is really looking beautiful. I love the colors in this sampler and the linen is wonderful!
I had to jump on over to the SL site to remember what she looked like and fell in love with her. I love Scottish samplers and she has now been added to my ever growing list. Happy Stitching!

Krista said...

Looks so pretty!! Love all the springtime colors! :)

Cheryl said...

Hi from Green Bay! Your sampler is beautiful!

janitam said...

What a beautiful linen, and the colors... i love it

Nicola said...

I love her. You are making such good progress Kathie. Didn't you get your wooden hoop for your birthday?

silkstitcher926 said...

Kathie. What is the make and color of your hand dyed linen? I am using one quite similar for some smalls . Picture This Plus 'Legacy'. Your sampler should look very nice on the over dyed linen. What ct are you using? I use Hardwicke Manor wood hoops. They are quite nice. I finally got enough money to order a Mellenium Frame, like Nicola uses. I just ordered it this morning! I hope it doesn't take too long to get across the pond!
Kay Lynn

silkstitcher926 said...

Do you live close to Marsha? I would love to visit the SL. and see all the many historical samplers in her collection.

silkstitcher926 said...

Do you live close to Marsha? I would love to visit the SL. and see all the many historical samplers in her collection.

Cindy L said...

I really like the colors and the fabric you're using!

Diana said...

Wow,your molted linen sure makes the stitching pop!!

Fiona said...

Margaret looks lovely on your linen choice.