Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 9 March 2013

My SL Emma Miles is my first reproduction sampler.I have stitched stamped pillowcases, pretty little pictures (Dimensions),and a Christmas box top.
I have always been mesmerized by" the days gone by".
I drive by a WD Museum almost daily. If  I close my eyes I can visualize ( inside one of the historical praire homes) a young schoolgirl or mother sitting in front of the fireplace stitching.Oh what a tranquil scene.
I love samplers for their quaint verses, symbolism ,religious or moral quotations, virtues, achievments and the story they often tell.

Here is a picture of one of my first  2 embroidery projects on Pillowcases( years and years ago).I even crocheted the edging.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I love them and have wanted to make a pair for over 40+ years - thank you for sharing

KathieB said...

Beautiful! I've never made any pillowcases like this, but have a drawerful from my family. And I use them and love them.

Jenny said...

Hi Debbie,
What memories these pillowcases bring. My Grandmother and her family made these and I still use them today. What treasures! Your needlework is beautiful. Thank you for your kind comments on my last post. They really mean alot. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Fiona said...

Your pillowcases are lovely and they obviously hold great memories for you. Thank you for sharing.