Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 25 March 2013

Progress on Diligence

Testing, Testing. I am to blogging what a toddler is to walking so here's hoping I can do this without falling over.

Here is my progress on Diligence so far.

 
Well, that seemed to work.  On to the next pic.
 
 
I actually enjoy stitching verses and I don't mind stitching over one, however, this verse took a lot of concentration (and thread). I suspect I may be a little OCD since I like to have the same number of stitches in a letter (e.g. "a") and the same number of threads between words. There is so much variation in the verse that I couldn't go into autopilot and had to count and re-count to keep me right.
Still, that's what makes this a challenge and keeps the old brain ticking over.

On another subject, I have to take issue with Nicola and Jo. Why don't the two blogs come with a wealth warning?  I keep seeing all these gorgeous samplers and all I can think is "I want that one, or that one and then there's that one". It's not fair!

Well, I seemed to have managed to blog without falling on my bum or banging my head so there may be hope for me yet.

Regards, Anne



8 comments:

donnacrafts said...

Gorgeous sampler. Outstanding work. Enjoy!!

Erica near Chicago said...

Thank you for posting the photos. I love the verse. Yet another sampler to add to my "maybe someday" list.

Nicola said...

I am glad to see you made your first post Anne :o))

Diligence is one of the prettiest samplers.

SonjaC said...

Your photos are great, I am not so fond of verses so can you do all of mine??? LOL, congrats on the post and the beautiful sampler.

Kevin said...

Anne, your sampler is beautiful! I look forward to seeing future updates.
Also, I agree with your statement about the warning about the funds we all will be spending. :-) I know my wish list grows every day I check in here! So many beautiful samplers to see - everyone has chosen such gorgeous selections, including you. (Yep, that's right, I added this one to the list after seeing your progress above.)

Dona said...

That border is beautiful! Your over one verse is so neat and well done.

Cindy L said...

Welcome Anne, many of us are learning along with you on how to blog. Your sampler is beautiful. I have also added so many to my wish list-just need the time.

Fiona said...

Welcome Ann, Diligence looks great.