Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 23 March 2013

Some pictures of my samplers

Since my progress on Emma Miles has been pathetically small I thought I'd share pictures of some of my hanging samplers.
These are hanging in my stairway.  They are Butternut Road's Rose Sampler, Chatelaine's Convents Herbal Garden, Drawn Thread's Real Roses, a Linda Driskell Heirloom Sampler in a Year, and Linn Skinner's Beds of Roses.
This grouping is in my foyer.  The large sampler is Moira Blackburn's Keep Me Sampler.  Below that is a Liz Turner Diehl Garden.  Others include a marriage sampler, a Nantucket Sampler by Elizabeth's Garden, and Acorn Sampler (I think) from a Dawn Lewis class.
This sampler is Amelia Davis by Essamplaire.  It is the only other reproduction sampler I have done.  My Mother in Law's name was Amelia Davis (but not the Amelia in the sampler), that's her picture below the sampler.  (the man on the right is my FIL).
I've started going up now, I'm running out of wall space!  These are Long Dog's Wachet Auf,  Pat Rogers Hearts and Lace Sampler, and a few other older pieces.  On the mantle is A Country House Sampler by Brenda Keyes.
These high ones are up so much they can hardly be seen!!  They are Butternut Road's Provence Sampler, a Christmas sampler by Threads of Gold, and Butternut Road's Winter Sampler.  Below you can see Long Dog's St. Flovier.
And here is poor neglected Emma!!  I was away for a week but I did do one row of words and I've started the other tree.  I miscounted on the first side and made way too much grass, so now I need to make the same mistake on the right side.  I decided to do a row of words to make sure everything will fit despite my "creative interpretation", lol!  Tomorrow is supposed to be sunnier so I'm hoping to make a little progress.  I will be happy to be past the over one section, but I think it will be another week until I can celebrate!






6 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Angie Burrett said...

Lyn: thank you so much for showing us all these beautiful samplers. They are truly "WOW"! - and make a wonderful statement in praise of our hobby.

JoAnn said...

Lynn: Your beautiful samplers make your lovely home look even lovelier. I can just imagaine what your friends say when they visit. Probably, "wish I had the patience" or "your home looks like a museum" or "Wow, where do you find the time?"

Thanks for sharing, I love to see how others display their beautiful needlwork.

Bethany said...

Lynn,

Do not worry about reproduction samplers, your samplers are beautiful and your home is lovely. I can't wait to see Emma hanging in just the right place. Thank you for sharing your home with us.

Nicola said...

Congratulations on a beautiful portfolio of your work and thank you for sharing.

Your Mandala is stunning and you have good taste in projects.

Fiona said...

Thanks for sharing your framed samplers. Your walls look amazing.