Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

What's Hanging?

I haven't had much time for stitching on Rising Doves, so I will post a photo once I have something to show. 

For now, I have a question for all of you.  I see so many wonderful samplers, both finished and in progress, you all tell such inspiring stories, that I just can't get enough.  I and I am sure many others, would love to see some photo's of where some of the wonderful pieces are hanging.  So with that said, could you all please think about sending in some photo's of your samplers hanging in your homes. 

When friends or anyone walking into our home look around, they are amazed at all my samplers.  Of course a lot of my samplers hanging are samplers my mother stitched and then gave to me.  I just love the way it makes our house look like a home.  It might look like a little much, but I for one think, you can never have too many.  If I have too many, I give one as a gift, to a family member or good friend.

Here  are just a few of mine. 

16 comments:

samplerlover said...

Hi Bethany, I really enjoyed looking at your sampler walls. You have such a wonderful collection. So many favourite samplers hanging there. - Sandra.

Lanie said...

Oh my Bethany, how beautiful! I hope one day my walls will be as full as yours ... I have a long way to go! I agree, these samplers create a wonderful atmosphere in our homes. Maybe it's the history they bring with them. Lovely photos ... thank you for sharing.

MoonBeam said...

So special...don't even to know what to add to that!

Angie Burrett said...

Bethany: one can NEVER have enough samplers and that is why we keep on stitching! I agree they make a home - they add warmth, character and a general feeling of cosy comfort. Your home is beautiful, thank you so much for sharing. x

janitam said...

a little museum with beautiful work.

Love to Stitch said...

Fabulous!! Thank you for sharing, it is wonderful to see them in your home. I always say you can never have TOO many :)

Elizabeth said...

Wow - they are terrific.

Dawn said...

What beautiful groupings you have! Such treasures, I can see why people are amazed when they see them.
Thank you so much for sharing.
I will share some of mine in the next week. I look forward to seeing others.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a great idea, I love to see people's houses! And the stitching too!
You have some beautiful pieces on display.
I have a limited amount of plain walls but there is a stitched picture on most of them!
I'll definitely post a picture once I get my proper computer running again.

Kathy said...

Beautiful samplers in beautiful frames and beautifully arranged!

Kim said...

Bethany!!! Loved seeing them in your house, they all look so beautiful hanging on your walls. I will post a picture pf my sampler wall soon, on my blog! I am not stitching on a SL right now. Was at Ella's last night stitching, on Eunice Ripley! Still on the eyelet stitchs! :)

brod'attitude said...

I love your pictures. You have stiched lot of samplers.

Nicola Parkman said...

What a feast for the eyes. Thank you for sharing.

Tommye said...

I'm so happy to see someone else using their home like a gallery. It's possible that only another stitcher can really understand the warm and cozy feeling it gives us to see them all hanging around like family members.

Thanks for sharing.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Bethany, fabulous, just fabulous.

Love seeing the samplers all together on your walls.
Your mother must have worked Mary Pets on a high count. Is that Ann Barrierre in the opposite corner?

My children call my house The Museum.
It is not too much. You can never have to many samplers. :-)

Fiona said...

What wonderful photographs of your sampler walls. At the moment mine are scattered around the house, but I do plan on making a sampler wall in our spare room/craft room once it is decorated. You have really inspired me to get moving with it.