Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 16 April 2013

A Flamestitch


In my last post I stated that I was going to start/re-start IRS 1738. I had started this sampler a couple of years ago but did not like the way the colors looked on the linen that I had selected.  So I restarted it a couple of weeks ago and did not get very far before I got bored. So I started another sampler which I mentioned - A Flamestitch.  As previously stated I think I am addicted to the Irish stitch now.

I am working this on 40-ct Lakeside Linen Pear using DMC. I am working the alphabet and some bands as charted with the eyelet stitch but have decided to do the scallop band in rice stitch.




A Flamestitch 
Worked on 40-ct Lakeside Linen Pear using DMC

As you can see I get easily bored so I have worked my way down the left hand side to the bottom where I can work some on the flower band with the filled in background.  That way I can jump back and forth between the parts as I get bored with one area. What can I say - a case of stitching ADD!

Happy Stitching...Robert

8 comments:

Fiona said...

It looks great and by moving around it should keep you interested.

Jennifer Cameron said...

This one is gorgeous. Just like your other sampler I started flamestitch on white linen but the colours looked awful. Have restarted on a beige called platinum This time I love it. Can't wait to see more of your progress.

Cindy L said...

Robert it looks wonderful and you have plenty of areas to change up your stitching.

Faye said...

Nothing wrong with that!!!!! I love this one....

Kevin said...

Looks fantastic! I really like your technique for stitching different bands/sections. Will have to try that sometime myself!

SonjaC said...

This is one I haven't seen before, it is going to be wonderful, I am just starting Ruth Bachelor and I am HATING the Irish stitch so far, so I hope I get changed to love soon, beautiful work.

donnacrafts said...

Very, very nice. I want to reach right through the screen and stitch it also. Enjoy.

Donna

Nicola said...

Sometimes it takes a while to settle on the "next" one after you have enjoyed the last one. I like the idea of working down the side then moving where your fancy takes you.