Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

An Update on Janet...

It has been a while since I updated my progress on Janet.  During February I didn't get a whole lot done.  This was partly due to the threads I needed were out of stock and I was busy stitching for an exchange.  Over the last couple of weeks I managed to put some stitches in on her.  I thought I would up date before I put her away for a while to concentrate on more exchange stitching.

This is the first page completed and the threads hanging around are for bands that extend the whole length.
A close up of the start of the alphabet and the bands that have only half the cross done.  I'm thinking of replacing one set of initials for my own in order to personalise the sampler.  I am really enjoying this stitch and have just ordered Mery Cox as my next SL Sampler.  Hopefully Janet will not be on hold for too long while I work on my exchange piece.

Fiona

13 comments:

Angie Burrett said...

Janet is looking wonderful Fiona: and it is good to have other works in progress on the go too - variety is the spice of life! I love personalising these samplers - in my view this makes them "ours" rather than a copy of someone else's work - however wonderful! Well done.

llknbillburg said...

Very pretty and one I already have in my stash. You're tempting me to start it!! Laura

Deb said...

What wonderful colors in this sampler!! It would have to make you smile just working on it!

Jenny said...

Hi Fiona,
Your sampler looks so pretty and I agree with Deb.......the colors do make you smile.

Lanie said...

Very pretty Fiona! This border is very unique. Look forward to more progress posts.

Nicola said...

She is delightful. I love the colours. Hope you pick her up again soon as I want to see more of her.

PoundingSand said...

She's beautiful!

I find your thread 'tails' interesting. When I leave tails in my stitching, I keep catching them with the working threads. They won't stay nicely out of the way. How do you manage them?

Kate

Vera said...

The colors on this sampler are just glorious! I cannot wait to see more!!

Kevin said...

Beautiful stitching! I really like all the colors in this sampler. I'm like Kate who posted above - cant seem to work with leaving the tails of flosses hanging. I just manage to tangle them up, or get them caught up in whatever section I'm working on. Hoping you'll have a tip or two for us.

Fiona said...

The tails, I am stitching top to bottom so I just fold them over and sit them at the top of my stitching. I don't seem to have too many problems with them getting caught, so far. They will get shorter as I work along the bands.

I also have covers on my rods and a magnet on that, might try winding them around the magnet if they start to get in the way.

Hope this helps, it is always trial and error.

Kathy said...

Very neat and pretty stitching. This looks like another very fun stitch with all the bright, cheerful colors.

janitam said...

Beautiful colors and work

Cindy L said...

Fiona, such a bright and cheerful sampler. I hope you don't put her away to long.