Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Diligence

It seems an age since I last posted my progress on Diligence, but progress has indeed been made.


The writing is finished, and the border down one side and a little way across the bottom. There is still the house and some flowers to do, but I feel it is achievable now, although the house will need some major 'colouring-in'.

I am sorry there are so many creases, I did press it a few days ago but have been waiting for some decent light to take a photo, so it was rolled up again. I knew if I waited to press it again more time would pass before posting.





Can I just say how nice it is that so many birthdays are celebrated here.

It was my birthday at the end of February.

And nobody noticed.

But that's OK.

People are busy with their lives. I understand that.

It doesn't hurt so much now.

I hardly ever sob myself to sleep these days.

So that's a good thing. A step along the way.

Love Irene xxx

You know I'm kidding - right?

10 comments:

Carolann Dunaske said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your sampler is beautiful...it looks very labor intense.

Cheri said...

Ha! You are doing the birthday thing all wrong...I start humming Happy Birthday the first day of August ( my birthday is the 21st) I don't give folks the chance to forget or not know my birthday is coming up :)

Diligence is beautiful!

Carmen Sutton said...

Hi Irene,
Your sampler is looking lovely. While I did happen to remember your birthday and even sent a little something that ended up costing you an arm and a leg to get out of the customs house at the post office, I'm not sure that your better off having people not remember....of course most people know how the post office works and would not have you go into hock in order to get your birthday present out! Oh well the next thing that comes your way will not cost you a thing!

Nicola said...

Dear Irene

I am sorry about your birthday but everyone's dates were obtained from a giveaway sometime ago when to qualify you needed to leave your birth date.

I hope that you had a good one and please accept my belated wishes.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh Nicola, now I've made you feel guilty and you are doing such a sterling job with these blogs. I'm sorry, of course it was nobody's fault but my own. Love Irene xxx

Cindy L said...

Irene, your diligence is coming along nicely. Happy belated birthday!

Fiona said...

Don't be too sad that we missed your birthday, we are all celebrating with you now. So like the Queen you now have two birthdays, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Diligence looks beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Like Cheri says - start the hints early! Mine is in September by the way, just in case anyone was wondering...

Debbie Bauer said...

Happy belated Birthday!!!The more I see this sampler the more I'm drawn to it.

Vera said...

Diligence is looking wonderful -- what a lot of stitching! Happy Belated Birthday. Hope your Day was fabulous and that the year brings you much joy.