Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Emma

Thank you all for the encouraging comments.  I decided I would continue working on Emma through the end of March and see how much more I could accomplish.  I had a couple of good amounts of time to work on her over the weekend and I got all of the cross stitch completed by Sunday morning, or so I thought.  Here is a picture of Emma at that point. 


When I started working on her again on Sunday I remembered the little butterflies that go over the baskets in the bottom corners so I still had a tiny amount of cross stitch to do but as of now that is completed and all I have left is the satin stitch in the borders.  I am working on the satin stitch this week and will hopefully have an updated picture to show you next week.  I am not sure she will be complete but I am trying.  The satin stitch takes way more time than I thought it would.  I am glad I decided to continue working on this piece instead of moving to another one, thanks again for encouraging me with that.

I am still enjoying watching everyone's progress and I am so impressed with all the finishes.  Hopefully I will have one of those soon.

Happy Stitching.
DawnM      
  

11 comments:

Pat L said...

Very pretty! You are doing quite well on this sampler! I am anxious to see your finished piece.

Jenny said...

Your Emma is just lovely Dawn. I too am anxious to see her finished. Your stitching is beautiful and you have done such a great job.

Kathy said...

Dawn, your Emma looks just beautiful. You have made great progress and I don't think it will be too much longer and you'll have her completed. Have you decided what will be your next start?

Nicola said...

I think you will have a very, very beautiful finish soon.

Lanie said...

Sending you good stitching thoughts Dawn. Emma is such a pretty one ... looking forward to your finish! ;)

Faye said...

You can see the light at the end of the tunnel! It's gorgeous!!!

MoonBeam said...

I, too, look forward to your upcoming finish. Exciting, isn't it.

Bobbi

Carolann Dunaske said...

Your "Emma" is stunning!!! You're almost done...hang in there.

Cindy L said...

Dawn, love seeing your updates on Emma. She is so close to being done!

Vera said...

This looks so great! I love this section with the birds, squirrels and those trees are fabulous with the acorns. You'll be finished in no time!

Fiona said...

Looks like the end is in sight and you soon will be happy dancing.