Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 29 April 2013

More progress on Diligence

I haven't made as much progress as I would have liked since my last post but I suppose some is better than none. I've finished gardening and now on to the bottom borders.

 
 
I think I may have made a boo-boo on stitching the grass but I like the effect so I'm going to leave it as it is.
 
 
 
 
My stitching seems to be much more dense than that shown on the picture on the chart but it looks like a championship bowling green compared to the chart where you can see the linen showing through.
 



Oh, if only the lawn grass in my garden looked this good.  If I removed all the weeds wildflowers from the meadow, I'd have to let the grass grow long and do a rake-over to hide the bald bits! Ah, well, it would only deprive the bees and butterflies of a good food source. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
Work is going to be busy for the next two weeks so I won't get a lot of stitching done but I will put a thread in as and when I can.

Regards, Anne

8 comments:

Fiona said...

Your lawn looks very lush. I'm with you on keeping the bees and butterflies supplied.

Carmen Sutton said...

Oh I love it and you are so close to a finish!!!! Weeds and wildflowers are green also, just don't have your readers on when your looking outside!

Jenny said...

Your sampler is beautiful Anne. I love your grass......so thick and green.......I just came in from watering mine...lol......I too am all for keeping the bees and butterflies fed.

Silkstitcher - Kay Lynn said...

Anne - I love, love, love your grass! What stitch is it? You have made lots of progress in the last couple of weeks. Your little 'black' boy fits right in now that the grass and all are stitched! Look forward to seeing it all finished very soon! Great job!

A Canny Stitcher said...

Hi, Kay Lynn. The grass is stitched in vertical stem stitch. I went four threads up and one to the right. I think the one on the chart was stitched four threads up and TWO to the right. Anne

Nicola said...

Diligence is an amazing sampler and your grass looks very effective to me.

Marsha said...

Your real lawn is a diverse greenscape and truly is a good thing. Your stitching is wonderful.

Cindy L said...

Anne, I love this sampler each time you post and your grass looks wonderful.