Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 26 April 2013

Not Quite Ready

Well, I meant to start Jean Scrimgeowr, but I'm having issues with floss colors.  I originally bought the kit in the 90's with DMC, but now that I'm finally getting around to stitching it I want to use silk.  So I checked the list against my stash and was pleasantly surprised that I had quite a few of the colors. So I proceeded to order the ones I was missing or didn't have enough of. 
Most of my AVAS was also purchased in the 90's (when I owned a shop).  Unfortunately, several of the colors have changed significantly, and not in a good way...at least for this sampler.  So I'm trying to make substitutions and make sure all the colors work together. 

This is all very frustrating when you really want to start a project, but it just gives me a reason to keep working on my "Virtue Outshines the Stars" by Darlene O'Steen. 

6 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Good luck with your colour matching - I can see how that could be really frustrating.

Fiona said...

Good luck sorting your colours out. I'm sure it will all come together in the end.

Cindy L said...

Tommye, this will be another beautiful sampler. I'm also trying to match AVAS silks to a kit I bought with DMC so I know your frustration. I do love the virtue sampler you are working on that you have on your blog.

carolm said...

Make sure that you have two skeins ofthe dark green border color.This is reallya great sampler.

Nicola said...

How frustrating.

I am looking forward to your start and seeing her grow.

PoundingSand said...

The DMC/silk/old/new conversions are a lot of work! I finally gave up and ordered the AVAS color book - I don't know that it saves much time, but at least I can see what I'm after.

Kate