Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Slow and Steady

My progress on Ann Hair seems to be going rather slowly.  Could it be perhaps because I've commited to three sampler SALs this year?  Yikes!  What was I thinking?

Here is Ann of this morning.  I'm nearly at the halfway point.  Since I last showed her to you I have filled in the three vases and  the grassy mounds with long and short stitches.  I have also stitched three more satin stitch bands, two more lines of verse stitched over one linen thread, more of the border, and parts of two more floral bands.




Ann is now bring put aside for another month while I work on my two other SAL samplers, plus something for UNICEF, and Elizabeth Wood (a new reproduction I recently finished charting).

14 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Ellen,
Your Ann is just beautiful!

Lanie said...

Ellen your Ann is beautiful. I enjoy your posts ... Ann Hair is making her way to my "to do" lists!

Faye said...

Ellen!!!!! She is just beautiful! The progress is amazing.... This one is going to be gorgeous!

MoonBeam said...

Ann is looking beautiful...you're doing great work.

I'm having trouble working on a SL project right now. I've been working on Ann Bowers from The Exemplarery (?) and just can't get interested in Dorothy Walpole again right now. I think I'll start a new SL next week.

You are doing great on Ann. If you switch around, don't desert her for too long. We want to see what is to come.

Bobbi

silkstitcher926 said...

Ellen
I love your Ann. She is a beautiful sampler. Your stitching is beautiful, as usual! I just sent you a picture of Family Record today. I just joined the blog. We had trouble with blogger, so Angela CG is going to post for me. I just sent her an email of of my SL reproduction, Grace Catlin. She should be posting it soon. Don't leave Ann Hair too long, she'll miss you! silkstitcher

silkstitcher926 said...

Ellen
I love your Ann. She is a beautiful sampler. Your stitching is beautiful, as usual! I just sent you a picture of Family Record today. I just joined the blog. We had trouble with blogger, so Angela CG is going to post for me. I just sent her an email of of my SL reproduction, Grace Catlin. She should be posting it soon. Don't leave Ann Hair too long, she'll miss you! silkstitcher

Nicola said...

Simply beautiful Ellen, thank you for sharing. Enjoy your other projects until you next pick up Ann.

Kevin said...

This sampler is gorgeous! What a beautiful job you've done with this so far. Keep up the great work!

Dona said...

Beautiful sampler! Slow and steady is better than not at all!

Carolann Dunaske said...

Your stitching is beautiful! Don't leave "Ann" for too long.

Cindy L said...

Ellen, your Ann is beautiful. I have a hard time stitching on more than one sampler at a time. Good luck with your rotation. Look forward to seeing more Ann updates.

Tommye said...

so lovely, Ellen. I see potential stash enhancement...

Vera said...

Hi Ellen, your sampler is looking fabulous! Very beautiful. I, too, may have a bit of upcoming stash enhancement:)

Fiona said...

An looks great and remember the tortoise won the race not the hare:)