Then the two greens I had thought were too close in color to seem distinctive in my stitching, looked noticeably different in Faye's. I was disappointed. I struggled with whether to replace the one green (not the one from all the honeysuckles and grass under house because there was so much of it, but the one that is on the heads of the birds and the flower bases). I am certain this will cause quite a bit of tearing out of stitching as all the thread tails to the petals in the large arrangement are buried in the flower base. What should I do?! I wanted to tear it out, but knew I might regret the outcome, so I put her away. I took her out today for photos and a request for advice. Here is my progress to two weeks ago:
The one on the right is supposed to be the accent color in the bases of the large flowers in the vase. Can you see any difference? Only in very bright lighting at a certain angle can I tell at all. The humming bird attached to the honeysuckle is also 3726 green where the honeysuckle is in 1846 green.
Here is my improvisation. I added my two terriers, Kerry Blue and Wheaten, in place of the little fawns.
Now for a great bit of hubris on my part. Life has been quite busy, but I have filled my quiet moments and stolen minutes with an obsession to plot out my next SL start! Ridiculous, I know. I wanted to stitch Sarah Siddall in memory of my Dad. He was almost always wearing red. Anyway, never having chosen linen or threads or made any real pattern alterations, or plotted a new verse (let alone finishing lovely RR) - I dove in! Adding border length and repositioning motifs -- I must be crazy! It became an obsession to get it mapped out. I kept trying and made many mistakes. I think I at least have enough figured out to start and am praying the repeated counting and measuring and calculating will result in the fabric at least being the right size!
Thank you for all your amazing posts! It was a delight to catch up!