Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Beautiful Sarah

I'm getting worried that I'll be booted off this blog for not posting! It's been 6 weeks since I started 'Sarah Willson' and I kept delaying a picture post until I felt that I had enough to share. The bright, intense colors were a little off putting in the beginning, but I 'soldiered on' and now I love the way it's shaping up.
Poor little 'Emma Miles' has been at the bottom of the basket and probably won't see much daylight until I get tired of 'Sarah'.
I so enjoy visiting this wonderful blog.  Nicola, you're brillant for coming up with the idea. Thank You!!!




                                                       


16 comments:

Dawn said...

She is beautiful. I love the colors.

Jenny said...

Sarah is truly beautiful. I have loved this sampler since I first saw her, so she will be a must stitch for me as well. The colors are stunning and I love the oversized "broom people" at the bottom. You are doing a beautiful job!

Jonette said...

What a beautiful sampler! Your stitching is wonderful!

A Canny Stitcher said...

How did I miss this one? What a beautiful sampler and you stitching is wonderful.
Anne

A Canny Stitcher said...

I've just realised that I've repeated Jonette's comment. Just goes to show we both must be right!
Anne

Pat L said...

Just beautiful!

Lanie said...

I love, love, LOVE Sarah Willson! I believe I mentioned previously that I started her some time ago and for reasons now not known, put her in my wip basket.
Seeing your beautiful work makes me miss her so.
I look forward to your updates!
Enjoy!

Bethany said...

I have this sampler in my stash. I better get back to stitching, so I can finish and start this. The colors are absolutly lovely. Did you change any of the colors.

Carolann Dunaske said...

Hi Bethany, Thank you for your kind words. I didn't change any of the colors and I used the called for fabric...all part of the kit.

Fiona said...

Sarah looks beautiful.

Debbie Bauer said...

Beautiful! Another one on my list. Oh my, how does one stitch all the samplers on their list?

Nicole said...

I love this sampler! You're making beautiful progress! Are you using DMC or silks?

Carolann Dunaske said...

Hi Nicole, I'm using AVAS silks...as listed on the pattern. Thanks for your kind words.

Nicole said...

Thanks for letting me know! I thought it looked like silk - it's gorgeous!

Cindy L said...

Sarah is gorgeous! Love the colors and we all love to look at the photos.

Kerri said...

What a gorgeous start. I love this floral band and how perfect to spend the spring with all these flowers. It really is lovely and your stitches exquisite.