Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 3 May 2013

Bottom section of Mary Ann Hutton




I have been working on some of the motifs on the bottom of the sampler. I am surprised how creatively Mary Ann used the 12 colors of thread she had, it really is turning out very bright and cheery. I am thinking about changing the Christmas carol verse in the sampler. This is my first cross stitch sampler and I would like to display it all year not just at Christmas. I think without the influence of the carol the colors do not seem as Christmasy, just spring like.


I have some graft paper I printed off of a free website and I am going to play around with centering a new verse and rearranging the rest of the sampler motifs. This should put my math skills to the test : )

Happy Stitching All,
Cheri

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Julierose said...

this is lovely work; I am struggling with my first project! Julierose

Mei said...

The orange flowers are so bright and dainty. Beautiful work!

Lanie said...

Your work is beautiful, Cheri. I think changing the verse to better suit you is a great idea. Good Luck ... can't wait to see what you come up with!

Nicola said...

I think it is good to personalise your sampler to your own tastes or to mark an event in your life.

I have a notebook that I jot down sentiments, quotes and poems as I discover them.

Fiona said...

What a lovely idea for personalising your sampler. I love the tree in Mary.