35ct linen, supplied with kit
AVAS silks, supplied with kit.
Started - 16th January, 2013
Finished - 15th May, 2013
I added my initials and the year.
Any other additions/alterations were entirely
accidental my own personalisations!
There were a lot of first for me with this project;
The first time I've used AVAS silks (I like).
The first time I have stitched on such a large piece of linen.
The first time I have stitched "in hand" (I only have hoops and they didn't work for me).
The first time I have posted to a blog.
The first time I have created my own blog.
Thank you, Nicola and Jo, for setting up this challenge and pushing me waaay out of my comfort zone.
It may be a while before I stitch such a large project again but I have been looking at the pocketbooks on the Scarlet Letter website and may choose one of them for my next Scarlet Letter stitch. In the meantime, I'm going to catch up on some other stitching but I will still be looking at all the amazing stitching going on in the two blogs.