Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 18 May 2013

Diligence is finished

I know, I can't believe it myself!  I just couldn't put this down. Here it is in all its glory.
 
Diligence
35ct linen, supplied with kit
AVAS silks, supplied with kit.
Started - 16th January, 2013
Finished - 15th May, 2013
 
I added my initials and the year.


 
Any other additions/alterations were entirely accidental my own personalisations!
 
There were a lot of first for me with this project;
 
The first time I've used AVAS silks (I like).
 
The first time I have stitched on such a large piece of linen.
 
The first time I have stitched "in hand" (I only have hoops and they didn't work for me).
 
The first time I have posted to a blog.
 
The first time I have created my own blog.
 
Thank you, Nicola and Jo, for setting up this challenge and pushing me waaay out of my comfort zone.
 
It may be a while before I stitch such a large project again but I have been looking at the pocketbooks on the Scarlet Letter website and may choose one of them for my next Scarlet Letter stitch.  In the meantime, I'm going to catch up on some other stitching but I will still be looking at all the amazing stitching going on in the two blogs.
 
Regards,
Anne.
 
 


14 comments:

Jenny said...

Your sampler is absolutely amazing Anne! Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Vera said...

What a gorgeous finish -- congratulations! I, too, have been eyeing those pocketbooks...something about them...

llknbillburg said...

Such a gorgeous piece and your work is beautiful!!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

This is beautiful with such vibrant colours. Knowing about the 'blackened' man adds to the charm and individuality of this lovely piece. Irene xxx

PoundingSand said...

Wonderful - congratulations on the finish!

I've always thought one of the pocketbooks would make a nice little sewing kit.

Kate

Stitch Wizard said...

Congratulations on such a beautiful finish!!! Your stitching is so uniform and you stitched it really fast too. It is gorgeous!

Fiona said...

Congratulations in your finish, it looks lovely. More congratulations on all your firsts.

Kevin said...

You've done a beautiful job on this sampler! I love it! And congratulations on so many "firsts" you've achieved via this project!! You have lots of things to do happy dancing for!

brod'attitude said...

Congratulations

Bhooma said...

It is absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations on your finish.

woolwoman said...

beautiful finish and congratulations for all your "firsts" - hope you will pick up another SL soon - Melody

Gwen said...

Congratulations Anne. You have accomplished quite a few firsts and your finished sampler is lovely.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Congratulations on your fabulous finish. Love this sampler.
Your work is stunning.

Cindy L said...

Anne, congratulations on such a beautiful finish and having so many "firsts". I really enjoyed see photos of your stitching on this sampler.