Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Elizabeth Harborne - Day 4

Day 4 : Elizabeth Harborne 1647 - reproduced by The Scarlet Letter

I want to thank all of you for your kind encouragement... I actually have decided to start my first "official blog" and am going to use the name I have used for my own designs when I taught at local venues or exhibited my needlework....so, after spending hours yesterday researching things on the internet related to 'Blogging' I decided to give it a try.... My blog is called 'The Song of my Needle" and it will feature some of my needlework adventures in years to come...  at the moment I will use it to show more pictures than the ones I post on Nicola's site so that I do not take up too much space on her site. 

Please bear with me as I learn the in and outs of this forum ... and thanks for adding one more thing to my activities ;)  I would greatly appreciate any comments and tips that you all may have.  Nicola has been great in sharing some of her insights with me.
Needlework has always been a very personal thing for me and only recently have I had a more public role as a Japanese embroidery teacher...I remain open to all things 'needlework'  and look forward to sharing my journey on this blogging platform.

So, back to Elizabeth Harborne - Day 4
Status :  spent a lot of time on the internet so not much stitching got done... however, I have finalized the colors and dyelots I want to use so things should move along pretty well in the future.
  



Finally time to stitch !
The Song of my Needle


 another view of the colors and the 'progress' to date...not feeling well has slowed me down ... but then I was also spending a lot of time on the internet these past few days 'gathering information' and 'doing research'... good excuse isn't it?
Decisions on Bullions
The Song of my Needle


 Stitching through the night .... trying to make up for lost time - next decision to make : Bullions

place them as charted (on left) or place a bit differently (on right... amazing how long it took me to focus my brain and hands to make these - something that under normal circumstances would have not been an issue.  I will probably take them out again and restitch them when I feel better because they have 'issues'....
Early morning - stitching thru the night - Day 4
The Song of my Needle 

 Status of things as of this morning around 5am...still not quite comfortable.  Tried scanning the picture to see if more detail could be studied from the picture that way... not very successful because of the light colors.... so, back to wishing that there was a larger picture I could study...

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Looking forward to following your blog Nupur.

Faye said...

Beautiful vibrant colors!

Fiona said...

Your sampler looks lovely to me. I enjoyed reading your post and I'm sure I will enjoy following your 'song'.