Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 25 May 2013

Elizabeth Sheffield

Hello,

      I have finished Miss Elizabeth! I did finish her last week but did not have time to post. I have so enjoyed our journey. Her colors are so vibrant and I am not sure if my photos capture it.

      There is a lot of over 1 but once you get in the rhythm, it is slow but steady and has a beautiful effect.


    I thought I was getting close ups but still have not figured out the photo part of blogging.


    I stitch her from the SL kit, 36 ct fabric and AVAS silks.



    When I joined Nicola's SL year, my challenge was to see how many of the SL patterns from my stash I could complete. There have been so many beautiful samplers posted that I decided to reward myself with a new sampler for every couple old finishes and Elizabeth was my first reward. Now I will start /finish from my stash again.  I only have a few stitches left on Ann Greanawalt and have started Mary Ann Hutton.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Cindy

18 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This is just stunning - you must be so pleased with her.

Laura said...

I love it.
I look very nice.

Lanie said...

Oh Cindy, your Elizabeth is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on this accomplishment!
I like your "reward" system ... a wip finish = a new purchase ... I just don't think I'm as disciplined as you! Too many new projects are tempting me and I am easily giving in!

brod'attitude said...

Your sampler is very beautiful congratulations

Julierose said...

This is a lovely sampler. What a treasure you have there...julierose

Cheri said...

One of my favorite SL samplers, beautiful finish!

Bethany said...

Elizabeth is such a wonderful sampler. What a wonderful way to start out the weekend.

A Canny Stitcher said...

Congratulations, Cindy. Elizabeth is beautiful. How many SL WIPs do you have?

Anne

Cindy L said...

Thank you so much! It is wonderful to be a part of this group of such encouraging and enthusiastic stitchers. Lanie-my wish list grows with all the beautiful samplers I see here. Anne-I usually stitch one project straight through but occasionally will alternate with a smaller piece. I only have Anne Greanawalt to finish and just started on Friday, Mary Ann Hutton.

Jenny said...

Your Elizabeth is just beautiful, Cindy! How exciting to have her finished!

Faye said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish!!!!

Nicola said...

Congratulations on a stunning finish, she is a beauty. It sounds as if you will have another one very soon.

Vera said...

Congratulations on gorgeous finish. She is lovely!!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Beautiful work. Congratulations on your finish!

Stitch Wizard said...

Cindy your Elizabeth is just gorgeous and your sections of showing it off really show up the pretty colors and your beautiful stitching too. I am a bit envious that you got yours done and I am still working on mine but I am working on Manifesto too. You inspire me to get more of my Elizabeth done. It will be so pretty hanging up in both yours and my homes! Love it!! :)

Ellen said...

Gorgeous, congrats on the finish!

Hugs,

MoonBeam said...

Cindy, huge congratulations on a great finish. It's beautiful.

Congratulations, too, on stitching from your stash. I'm sure you've got some goodies in there!

Stitch on!

Bobbi

Fiona said...

Elizabeth is beautiful and a perfect reward.