Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 20 May 2013

Finally, some stitching!

Hi everyone.  It has been a few months since I have posted - and not much stitching has been done. I have done a lot of knitting and crocheting, though.  And my Sampler Guild had a two day workshop.  And I taught several classes at my local yarn shop.  And work is crazy.  That's life, I guess.

 I pulled Dorothy Walpole out a couple of weeks ago and FINALLY got some stitching done.  I even remembered to take pictures before I went to the next section, but didn't have time to download the photos and post before I went back to work, so I'm going to share them today.

I finished the Flame Stitch section:
Dorothy Walpole
 And the strawberry band below;
Dorothy Walpole

And last night started the gorgeous flower band.  Just a few flowers outlined for now, but I am planning on sitting on the couch, cat in lap, Downton Abbey on the DVD, and stitching this afternoon with a cup of mocha.  What bliss!!
Dorothy Walpole

The silks for A Parrot, A Leopard, A Lion came in last week - aren't the colors gorgeous?
 
I am going to start the outlining on PLL this week.  I am using the AVAS silks and 40 ct Antique White Newcastle linen.  My mother is having knee surgery this summer and I need to have a "coloring between the lines" piece to work on in the doctor's office, hospital, etc.  So Dorothy may have to take a vacation this summer (unless I can get her finished in the next month or so. . .hmmmm??) but she'll be back.
 
I have kept up with both blogs, although I haven't posted in a while.  I love seeing everyone's progress.  I hope to maintain my stitching momentum while it's too hot to knit.
 
Love to all,
Sharon H


6 comments:

Nicola said...

Your Dorothy has grown so much, well done. PLL will make a great project for those appointments. Hope all goes well for your Mother, Please keep us posted with how the surgery goes.

Vera said...

Dorothy is beautiful...and you will love PLL!!

Jenny said...

Your Dorothy is looking wonderful and the color of the silks is breathtaking. PLL will be amazing!

Cindy L said...

Your Dorothy is just beautiful. She is still near the top of my wish list.

Fiona said...

Dorothy looks beautiful. The colours for PLL look lovely.

Ellen said...

Beautiful progress on Dorothy!

Hugs,