Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 2 May 2013

Frogs...pffft.

My suspicions have been confirmed:  I can't count.  I started the little deer, working from the bottom up, and discovered that there was not enough space for his head.  Just can't have a deer without a head, now, can we?  So the frogs dropped by for half a deer and the satin stitched band at the bottom.

Rachel Jarratt, Band 6
(The awl is pointing at the line left by removing the green and gold baseline)

On the plus side, at least I hadn't started the next band down, which will be solidly stitched in queen, stem filling, and either over-one or half size Algerian Eyes.  I might have had to go borrow some of Harriot Boardman's legless deer instead of trying to take that out.

Not much stitching time this last week or so.  Our quilt guild's biannual show is coming up this weekend, and once again I'm the sucker, oops, supervisor in charge of  hanging up the 350 or so quilts.  This week, my mom has also drafted me for last-minute quilt-binding duty. 

Best of all: I have my foot back!  The cast came off my broken ankle yesterday. The ankle doesn't work very well yet, but I can drive myself around now.  Huge improvement!

Kate


11 comments:

Carolann Dunaske said...

I just love those great big juicy flowers. You're sampler is lovely and it's good to hear that you're mobile again. Do you have a Boo Boo stick?(I kid you not!) It has a soft brush on either end and works wonders in removing 'left behind' fibers. I work it on the back of the linen first.I picked mine up at my 'now out of business' LNS years ago. I hope it's still made.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Looks good Kate in spite of those dang frogs. I can tell you that they do still make the Boo Boo stich because I just got one last weekend. I know we get suckered into hanging quilts, it's because we are tall. LOL!

Lanie said...

Kate this sampler is spectacular and your stitching is beautiful! I cannot wait to see more!

Fiona said...

Sorry the frog came to visit. Your deer looks better, I'm sure, with legs.

Stitch Wizard said...

Your sampler is really pretty even though you ended up frogging. We all end up having to at times and your deer is really looking good. Your stitching is beautiful!

Theresa said...

Wow. Those stitches!

This is so pretty. I wish I could do this one but it looks hard...

maybe once I complete a couple more Scarlett Letter pieces.

This is one I will go back to (as a possibility for future project),
just because your photos are so inspiring...

Cheri said...

Your sampler is beautiful. I love the close ups of the satin stitching. I am new to all this so my specialty right now is just cross stitch but the stitch on those leaves and deer look interesting. Enjoy the quilt show. I am currently quilting like a maniac trying to finish a quilt I committed to showing at our local show in June.

brod'attitude said...

The frog ???? I thought it was a term for the French "frog eaters" (like me) but I think it also means that we will undo your work. I will improve very much my english. Love from France

Julierose said...

Your stitchery is simply lovely. Mr. "ribbit, ribbit" is now coming to my place! Julierose

SonjaC said...

This is a gorgeous sampler, I love those flowers. I feel your counting pain! I hate it when I make crazy counting errors, I just did the same thing on Manifesto!

Cindy L said...

Kate, your stitching is so beautiful. We just have to figure out how to keep that frog from visiting.