Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Just a quick post....

    My Millennium  Frame has arrived! I just wanted to share my excitement. The workmanship is wonderful and holds the fabric firmly. My oldest daughter ordered it back in March and I anxiously awaited it's arrival.

    Nicola, I tried finding your video on the frame for hints and went all the way back to January on Blog 1 but could not find it. I then went to the Needle Needs site and there was Nicola's stand video. You are a "star" and wonderful spokesperson for them!

   My question is...how much fabric allowance should be added to the design size when using the frame?

Cindy

6 comments:

PoundingSand said...

Hi Cindy - Nicola's video on setting up the Millennium frame is on Feb 25th on Blog one. The title of the post is "Promise not to laugh".

http://scarletletteryear.blogspot.com/2013/02/promise-not-to-laugh.html

What a lovely new toy! Someday, I will get one, too.

Kate

Deb said...

I was wondering about the fabric allowance too - it seems like there is a little extra that is tucked in so I'd love to know if you need to do that. I'm still waiting for mine. I stalk the UPS truck daily! LOL

KB said...

Kate/Deb... my fabric usually has a 2 1/2 inch border for framing and you really need more than that to mount your piece into the frame .. so rather than "waste" my precious linen I sew on about a 4 inch piece of muslin.. that way I have plenty of room to position my stitching area to where it is comfortable for me...hope that helps

Nicola said...

Hello,

I am just going to do a post with some pictures.

Hugs

Nicola xxx

Cindy L said...

Thank you so much for the info and hints. I will have to review the video again. Deb-I hope your frame arrives soon. I still have to figure out what kind of stand to use.

Fiona said...

Enjoy your new toy, oops I mean frame.