Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 13 May 2013

Lady & the (still unfinished) castle

Hello everyone,

I'm still working on the castle:


My thanks to Fiona who pointed out in a comment to my last post that what I thought was a blue hill is actually water.

(Not the best photo. I'm still taking pictures by holding up the piece in front of my laptop.)

A couple of people have asked if I've named the lady. I don't tend to do that, but the name that came immediately to mind is Miranda ("O brave new world, that has such people in't" -- this is my first attempt at blogging and my first group stitching project (other than one visit to Sampler Gathering in Plymouth and a set of workshops at Colonial Williamsburg held in the late 1990's in conjunction with a 17th century British embroidery exhibition; maybe some of you attended too?)). Thanks again to Nicola and Jo for bringing us together.  


6 comments:

Nicola said...

Hello Miranda your stitcher is making a very beautiful sampler :o))

Cindy L said...

Erica, your stitching is so beautiful and the moat looks lovely.

Jenny said...

Erica, Your sampler is lovely and I love Miranda :).

brod'attitude said...

I love this sampler

Fiona said...

Glad I could help, your sampler looks lovely.

Nicola said...

I have so much admiration for this sampler. I hope to stitch her one day but it will be over two. Over one is an amazing acheivement.