Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 18 May 2013

Mary Ann Hutton progress




Mary Ann is no longer a Christmas sampler. I switched out the Christmas carol verse for another. This verse is actually on the Scarlet Letter sampler Simile. I saw the last two phrases on another sampler and when I was doing some on line research to find a possible origin of the verse the Scarlet Letter website popped up. Since this is my first sampler I want to display it all year and not have it be seasonal. I now am working on adding some of the remaining motifs to both side of the new verse.



Happy stitching all,
Cheri


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Julierose said...

this is such a beautiful work. I am amazed how you could figure out how to switch out the verse! Julierose

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

That must have taken a lot of charting but a brilliant idea for a year round sampler. Irene xxx

Nicola said...

So very beautiful Cheri. Congratulations on making her your own. I look forward to seeing her finished soon.

Fiona said...

Your sampler is looking great, what a lovely way of making it personal to you. Thank you for sharing.

Kevin said...

Beautiful job so far!!! Look forward to your updates.