Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 13 May 2013

Matilda and I are still here :)

Hello Everyone! It has been quite awhile since my last post and I thought I should update you on my progress with Matilda. She is such a fun sampler to stitch and I am still enjoying spending time with her. However my time with her has been limited because I injured my right shoulder and upper arm a few weeks ago and suddenly all of my daily tasks came to a sudden and complete halt. I am right handed and yes even my stitching had to wait until the pain subsided. So Matilda stayed in my stitching tray, but she still made me smile because she was there, I could still pick her up and run my fingers over her stitches and the needle was threaded all ready to start as soon as I possibly could. I still was able to see all of your beautiful samplers come to life, however, and admire all of your beautiful finishes. Every one of you are doing beautiful work and these samplers are an accomplishment to be proud of. Thank-you for bringing me joy, even when I couldn't pick up a needle myself.

I am feeling better now and can pretty much do what I need to do, especially stitch.  When I first saw this sampler I loved the band that was above the Tree of Life because it was not straight, but slanted. I loved the birds peeking out from the tree and I loved the apples. I am almost finished with the last section of the middle row and then I only have the bottom of the sampler to finish. 



Maybe because it is Spring and the birds I feed are singing outside in my yard everyday, but this little guy just makes me smile. He is standing in the apple tree but without a perch. Matilda stitched him that way and for now I will leave him that way too. However, every time I start to stitch I have a small amount of guilt and I can just here him say " I had to stand like this in the original sampler for over a hundred years....can't you give me a break this time around and give my poor feet a place to rest?" LOL!


Anyway, here is Matilda as of today. I have really become attached to her....in fact after SDW arrived I was going to work on both of them at the same time. I usually am a "one sampler at a time" person, but I absolutely love these SL charts.....but in the end I couldn't put Matilda aside (once I was able to pick up a needle again that is....grins) so it is Matilda and I together until the finish. After all, it is so much fun to look forward to something and what can be more fun then looking forward to stitching another SL sampler or two, or three, or four....winks.


I hope all of you are having a good day, filled with the people you love and the things that bring you joy. And even if you cannot stitch on your sampler today, how wonderful that it can still bring you joy just by being there, waiting until you can pick up a needle again. Isn't it wonderful that we all share this simple pleasure of stitching? Nicola, I know you here this at least once every day....but this was such a wonderful idea....thank-you for bringing us together to bring joy to each other simply by stitching!

Happy Stitching Every One!

~Jenny~

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Hi Jenny--I hear your pain--I tore my rotary cuff a few yrs ago and from time to time I still have to lay everything aside: cross stitch, quilting, hexagons etc and not DO amything! that is hard. but, your sampler looks like it's coming along so well. Hope you stay healthy...julierose

Debbie Bauer said...

Jenny your stitching is absolutely beautiful! So glad to hear your arm is on the mend.

Vera said...

Hope you continue to heal well. Your progress looks beautiful!

Cindy L said...

Jenny, I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. Your Matilda is just lovely.

Fiona said...

Glad your arm is on the mend. Your sampler looks amazing, no wonder you are sticking with her.

Nicola said...

I am so sorry to hear of your arm/shoulder problems. Miss Matilda is such a pretty sampler and you are stitching her beautifully.

Lanie said...

Oh dear, Jenny, hope your shoulder continues to heal. Your "Matilda" is lovely!

Kevin said...

Beautiful work. Feel better soon!

janitam said...

I love this sampler, and take care off your self. xxx