Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 23 May 2013

New territory

Quick progress note before I go off for the long weekend.  My mom's family rents out summer cottages on Lake Superior, and Memorial Day is our work weekend to get them ready for guests.

Skipping Band 5 for the moment (the colors are mainly cream and olive brown - not the most appealing combination.  I may change them but need to see if there will be enough of some of the other colors).

For the first time since I picked this project back up, I get to start a new band:  (sorry for the glare on the floss, it's raining today and I had to use flash for the pictures.)

Rachel Jarratt, Bands 6 & 7

Both of these bands are supposed to be completely filled in.  The whole background of the deer and large flowers is covered in counted stem, as is the center section of the next band.  The two sections on either side of Band 7 are solid patterns.  The left section is queen-stitched; the right was supposed to be cross-over-1.  After seeing the miniature eyelets in Kay Lynn's Grace Catlin, though, I thought that looked like more fun.  I've always liked miniatures, even if I end up working them with my nose six inches from the linen.

Teeny little Algerian Eye stitches, 30 ct linen

So I'll be here on these sections for a long while - but at least it's not all satin stitch.  (I still loathe satin stitch.)

I hope everybody has a lovely weekend - and manages some stitching!

Kate

7 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Nice progress, Kate! It will be interesting to see some of the stitches go in that you described. Be well and be safe as you journey northward!

Jenny said...

Rachel is looking lovely.

Nicola said...

So very beautiful. Thank you for sharing the close ups. I think it is so nice to see the details of a sampler.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Rachel is coming along nicely.

I have her in my Top Ten To Do.

Since you are not happy with satin stitch, choose another stitch to make it more enjoyable.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I just love this design and I'm enjoying seeing your progress on it.

Fiona said...

Great photographs showing your lovely stitching. Rachel is looking great.

Silkstitcher - Kay Lynn said...

Kate...I think your idea of doing the miniature AE's instead of over 1 crosses is a very good idea. They look really nice. They give a real lace-like look! Thanks for all the good close-ups. It's looking great!