Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Sarah Siddall - Scarlet Letter









When I picked this sampler up from the framer there was a **stain** on the linen.  I was very upset.
and the framer insisted that she did not do it.  Well with a little hard work and advise from 
The Attic, I removed the stain.  Oh, the challenges being a needle artist!   I love this sampler..

Donna TN

****Reply to questions:
1.  Not a kit.  I used suggested AVAS silks.  Linen is 36ct Buttercream.  It is a gorgeous buttery color.
2.  To remove the stain.  I put a cotton pad on the back and mixed a tear drop or less of dish soap in warm water.  Then I used a cotton swab with a little bit of the soap/water solution.  Just a little bit and blotted with another cotton pad.  It did the trick.
3.  Yes, I would have noticed a stain when I bought it to the framer.  I am meticulous about my needlework.   I always wash my hands before I stitch and always keep all food and drinks away.

18 comments:

Angie Burrett said...

Donna your sampler is truely beautiful. You must have been so upset about the stain, and of course you would have noticed it yourself before taking it to the framers. One does wonder sometimes...... At least the problem has been resolved and you can now enjoy!

Jenny said...

Hi Donna, Your sampler is just lovely! I love the colors in Sarah and you have stitched her beautifully. I am so glad you were able to remove the stain from the linen :0

Krista said...

What a gorgeous finish, Donna!! Love the beautiful colors and motifs.

Krista said...

Donna, did you get this as a kit with either the silk or cotton? or use your own materials?

Jonette said...

Beautiful! What was the secret to getting the stain out?

Cheri said...

Very pretty, the sampler's border and then frame just flow together beautifully.

Vera said...

Beautiful finish. So glad you were able to get the "stain" out!

Ellen said...

What a beautiful sampler! Glad you were able to get out the stain....

woolwoman said...

beautiful finish - glad you saved the day with your remedy from the Attic - enjoy Sarah ! Melody

Rachel F said...

Your Sarah is lovely! I can imagine the chest pain your unexpected discovery brought on! So glad to see the happy ending. I can hardly wait to get started on this one. She is "all kitted" up and waiting for me. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration.

Debbie Bauer said...

Your sampler is stunning. So glad you got the stain out.

Michele said...

Beautiful so glad that you got the stain out.

Nicola said...

Your heart must have missed a beat when you saw the stain. No way would we miss anything like that.

Thank you for the tip about how to remove a stain.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Beautiful work. Glad you could get the stain out. I would have been livid. I hope you can find a new framer.

I always take pictures of my needlework before it goes to the framer. I have had problems in the past. I trust the framer I have now, but there are several people that work there and they are not all as well trained as she is.

Cindy L said...

Such a beautiful finish. How frustrating to find a stain afterwards. I have used a few different framers and always worried about stains because their work places always seemed so dusty and unkempt but no problems so far. So glad you were able to remove the stain and thanks for the hint.

Fiona said...

Your Sarah looks lovely. I'm guessing you will not be returning to the framer in question. I'm glad that you managed to get the stain out, but what a pity it was there in the first place. There is no excuse for shoddy workmanship.

Kevin said...

Beautiful sampler! I love the colors in your work. Sorry about the framing nightmare, but happy you were able to resolve that. Will have to remember this technique "just in case."

janitam said...

Beautiful sampler and frame.