Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Sarah Stuart Update

May 1st ... Happy May Day!

It is another beautiful Spring day here in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA ... and I'm loving it!

And so I begin my 5th month with Sarah Stuart ... I really am quite fond of her. She has taught me many things ... the two biggest being:  brightly-colored samplers will work with my colonial period home and freehand stem stitching is not as terrifying as once thought. Makes me wonder what Miss Sarah learned while stitching her sampler so many years ago.

Here is my progress to date ...


She's coming along. I finished the freehand stem stitched tree to the left of the house and am starting on tree number two on the right. Not perfect, but not as daunting as I once feared! Miss Sarah's trees were quirky things, so that takes the pressure off a little!


My May calendar is already filling with activities and my garden is starting to call my name, so we'll see how much attention I can give to Miss Sarah this month. I'm counting on all the gorgeous work that is being posted on the SLY blogs to keep me inspired to schedule time in my stitching chair too!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lanie

8 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

This is so pretty Lanie and these are my favorite colors too. I just love that little red brick house!! Beautiful stitching!!

Carolann Dunaske said...

Your "Sarah" is lovely...yet another sampler that I would love to do.Reading the blogs inspires me too and keeps me on track.

Deb said...

This sampler is so pretty Lanie - beautiful colors. Love everything about it. I've had it in my stash and might have to pull it out. I had no idea how beautiful it is.

Carolann Dunaske said...

Me, again. I just visited the SL web site to take a look at Sarah. Your sampler picture is so much livelier than the pic on the web site, with it's rich colors and that great red house...how have I missed her?

Fiona said...

Sarah, her house and her trees look fantastic.

Debbie Bauer said...

Oh, Lanie your sampler is stunning! I love the colors.

Cindy L said...

Lanie, your Sarah is so beautiful and your free hand stitching is wonderful! Love the colors.

Merilde said...

Lanie, Sarah is beautiful. What lovely colors and motifs. Another sampler to put on my wish list! Your stitching is beautiful.
Lori