Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 28 May 2013

The Lady has her castle

Hello everyone,

I was able to finish the castle during the long weekend and start on the tree next to it:


There were a few differences between the photo and graph (presence or absence of the triangular "windows" on the roof below the dome; color of the "points" along the bottom of the roof on the right; pattern of stitches within the windows). Some I caught in time to make a decision about, some I didn't, but I'm not that concerned about precision. The only time I've ripped out any stitching on this piece is when my outlining of the leaves didn't meet up correctly.


One last picture (taken using my computer on a very overcast day; the photo at the top best shows the colors of the piece):


After I finish the tree, I'll probably move down. There are several animals, some plants/flowers, and at least one more tree to do. Then up to the top to do the sun and clouds.

7 comments:

Lanie said...

Erica, your version of the castle looks fantastic! I love this sampler and your work is wonderful. I thoroughly enjoy following your progress.

Bethany said...

The colors are so wonderful and bright in this sampler. Looking great and just think what the finished sampler will look like.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Everything looks fabulous. Very intense.

Nicola said...

I look forward to seeing your posts, I am really taken with the Lady.

Cindy L said...

Erica, your Lady is coming along so nicely, the colors are so pretty and your stitching is beautiful.

Fiona said...

What lovely colours are in the castle. Beautiful stitching.

Kevin said...

How pretty this one is! I love the colors in this sampler. Looking forward to seeing your future pics. Beautiful stitching!