Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 1 June 2013

A Look at the "Big Picture"

I took Rebecca Robinson off the scroll frame to get a look at how much progress had been made.  The adjustments I struggled with on the bottom section, including re-spacing the honeysuckles and changing/moving the motifs, had kept me focused on just that area.

Nice to see the piece as a whole.  I would feel a lot closer to half way there if the big house was already filled in!  Well, here she is:



The boys are out of school for Summer Break.  I am looking forward to being busy with them and hoping some evenings I will still have enough energy to do some stitching.  My next project is calling to me.  Maybe I can get RR done this month?!!  Seems too optimistic, but hope springs eternal.

Best wishes on all your endeavors,

Rachel

8 comments:

Lanie said...

Rebbeca is such a charming sampler, I have always admired her! You are making great progress and your work is lovely. Enjoy the summertime wiith your family and hopefully some stitching time too!

Jenny said...

Your sampler is looking lovely. I love the changes you made....have fun this summer and happy stitching in between :)

Faye said...

Rebecca sure is coming right along!!!! Nice work!

Vera said...

So beautiful...I need to stop looking at all these samplers....

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Great progress on Rebecca.
Beautiful work!

Fiona said...

Thanks for sharing the whole of Rebecca, she is coming along nicely.

MoonBeam said...

She's coming along nicely. Good luck through the summer.

Bobbi

Nicola said...

You have achieved so much already, well done. enjoy your summer.