Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 20 June 2013

Another Dorothy in the Works

  I know I said in my last post, which was about 100 years ago, that I would be working on the Flamestitch Sampler.  I ran into some problems with that one that I have only recently worked out so in the interim, I pulled Dorothy Walpole back out.
  I started Dorothy about a year and a half ago and only got this far before I moved on to something else.


This past week I got some up close and personal time with her and now she is looking like this. I LOVE this sampler and so far have made no changes which is really unusual for me.

Dorothy Walpole
40 ct. Lakeside Linen w/ DMC threads


She will have to go away for a while now so I can work on some other pieces that have deadlines but I will be back to work on her soon.  She is too pretty to stay hidden for long!!

Laura
For Love of the Needle




9 comments:

Lanie said...

Laura, your "Dorothy" is beautiful. She continues to be a favorite of just about everyone ... and for good reason ... she is lovely!
Enjoy stitching her. Look forward to more progress.

Faye said...

I really hope to stitch Dorothy myself one day.... She is way to pretty to set aside for long.......

Nicola said...

So many beautiful samplers Laura. What threads are you using for Dorothy?

Vera said...

This is gorgeous. I really need to get this pattern (I keep saying that about almost everything - LOL).

Jenny said...

There is always room for one more Dorothy.....she is such a beautiful sampler and another SL that I want to stitch. I love the way your colors and linen work together.....lovely. Are you using silk or DMC?

Cindy L said...

Dorothy is such a lovely sampler and at the top of my list too.

Marsha said...

Fantastic progress.

Fiona said...

Great progress on Dorothy.

llknbillburg said...

I am stitching her on 40 ct Lakeside Pecan Butter with plan old DMC. :)