Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 19 June 2013

I have been Stitching but....

I just wanted to share that my good friend and neighbor came over to see how I was doing on Emma.
She has stitched for years and omg her work is amazing.
 Anyway, she thought I was doing  very nicely and offered some advise. Knowing me as she does she is aware I would expect nothing less from her but honesty.
 First of all she said I should be further along and suggested I talk less and stitch more .LOL. She also suggested I loosen my stitches.( I guess I tend to pull a little to tightly).Karen  showed me another way to begin a new stand with a loop method and says the back will look nicer .  She also suggested that I  weave ending stands under less stitches and reassured me that it will not come apart that easy.
I and very grateful for her constructive criticism , advise and knowledge. After all this is how we learn. And I do want my work to be perfect and beautiful.

5 comments:

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hi Debbie,

That method is OK for DMC cotton floss, but please do not use that method with silks. Usually when working with silks, you are using one strand.

All fibers have a nap. Purists will tell you never to use the loop method. I use the loop method with DMC cotton floss.

Debbie Bauer said...

Thanks Barb. That's good to know because I kitted up my next sampler with silk.

EvalinaMaria said...

What a great friend you have! I love honesty and constructive criticism. I also use the loop method only if I'm stitching with two strands of floss. When I work with tiny stitches over one or with silk and use just one strand, there is no way I can create the loop.

Nicola said...

I always want to learn and welcome informed constructive criticism. I am self taught and am aware that I may not be doing everything correctly.

I think this is one of the advantages of blogging and groups such as this one that we have such wonderful experienced stitches that we can turn to for help.

Fiona said...

Getting pointers from other stitchers is always a good thing, whether we use them or not.