Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 2 June 2013

Jean Scrimgeowr update



Are you confused?  You're right, this is not Jean.   Jean, in fact, is missing! At some point this winter I was transferring all the threads to a drop ring and the static got so bad that the silks were standing horozontal to the floor.  I hung up the ring and life happened and the ring is still there.  I sat down this week and finished the task and looked for Jean.I can find the page with the photo but no chart and no Jean.  I'm sure she'll show up but this is weird even for me.

In the mean time I had picked up Verlande Sampler by A.W. dated 1756.  I really like mono color samplers;  I also have Ann Grisham (sp?) started downstairs.  I worked a lot on the Adam and Eve corner yesterday and today.  It is so HOT.  We went from 50something to high 80s all in one week so I've been hiding in the air conditioned bedroom.

I had hoped to have the tree done this weekend but I have things that have to be done tomorrow and my eyes are tired tonight and the third period of the Bruins is calling.

Kudos for all the work you all have accomplished.  My goal is to finish this one before year's end and of course to find Jean.

Good Night,
Cheryl

5 comments:

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

I am sure Jean will turn up soon.
Have fun with Verlande Sampler until then. Love the red.

Debbie Bauer said...

That's okay, I love the Verlande sampler!

Fiona said...

I'm sure Jean will turn up when you stop looking for her. You are making good progress on your sampler.

MoonBeam said...

You sound like me! Love what you're working on in the meantime. Nice shade of red.

Bobbi

Nicola said...

How frustrating, here's hoping Jean turns up soon.