Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 13 June 2013

Ooooo - shiny!

Rachel has been getting her background done:

Rachel Jarratt band 6
(Half a skein of Soie d'Alger - so far)

To be honest, I groaned when I realized the background was supposed to be filled and nearly didn't do it.  Then I thought, put in a strand or two, it won't take that long, and I can take it out if I don't want to do more.    Surprise!  It actually went very quickly.  And the silk just GLOWS.  I couldn't get a good picture of it, but the filled background gleams like silk satin.  The full filling will probably take close to two skeins of silk (Thank you again, SewandSo!) 

Then there's this little guy hanging out in the corner.  This has to be my favorite detail.  Isn't he cute?  He gets a partner on the other side, someday.
Pink and white frogs, anyone?

The Random Motif sampler will be coming back out this week, as I have to go back up North.  My sister is the on-site summer manager for the cottages, but she doesn't drive so someone brings her up.  And stays for a few days, of course.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!



Kate

8 comments:

Carmen Sutton said...

Very good choice in filling in background it looks marvelous. I have this chart your making me want to start it.

Melissa said...

I love the colours in the background against the flowers. Beautiful!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What fun to see the progress! Love the frog too. Be safe on your trip north.

Lanie said...

Kate, I love this sampler! I have a couple of designs that the background is intended to be filled in, I have always wondered if that was necessary. After seeing your beautiful work, I have to say not "necessary" but it definitely creates a lovely affect/effect. Thank you for sharing ... look forward to your progress!

Nicola said...

WOW - it is absolutely gorgeous.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Gorgeous!

Note to self: Must do soon.
Rachel is in my top ten list.

Cindy L said...

Kate, I think the background being filled in brings out the other colors even more. I do like the effect. Your sampler is so beautiful!

Fiona said...

It looks amazing.