Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 3 June 2013

Summertime. . .

 

Hello.  I have made progress over the past two weeks.  Stitching has been one of the few things that has kept me sane - along with three furry kitties!  Work switched computer systems for order entry at midnight on June 1.  I worked 9 of the 10 days prior to the switch - my regular rotation, plus a day for my 3rd shift partner, and then May 31 backfilling all of the orders entered for ALL inpatients who would not be discharged prior to midnight June 1.  Needless to say, I have taken this weekend OFF - have pretty much done only the minimal necessary cooking and stitching!  The kitties have missed me - I am typing this with my arms wrapped around little Grayson, he's stretched out on my desk between me and my computer.
 
So, here is where Dorothy was about two weeks ago.  I had finished filling in the four flowers I had outlined in my last post and started the buds(?) on the next vine.  I haven't figured out how to turn the photo of the four flowers around ninety degrees so they are the correct orientation - my solution, turn your head to the left side!
 



 Dorothy Walpole


 
As you can tell, I finished filling in the buds to the right of the flowers over the past two weeks and moved on to the next vine down.


 

Dorothy Walpole


 I finished this vine yesterday afternoon and managed to take a photo while there was still barely enough daylight to see.  I went back to my stitching corner and promptly noticed that I had missed a leaf.  So. .I finished putting in the leaf this morning.

Dorothy Walpole




 
It's another cloudy, rainy day so as soon as I finish catching up on things (bills, housework, laundry, etc) I left undone while I was working, I'm planning to stitch.  I will try to post again before I go back on rotation if I can.
 
I'll leave you with a photo of a magnolia blossom from the magnolia tree my grandmother planted in my backyard.  One of the reasons I love living in the South!!
 
 
Love to all and happy stitching!
 
Sharon H.

7 comments:

Fiona said...

Dorothy is looking good. Magnolia's are beautiful. There is a Magnolia tree in the gardens locally it is stunning when it blooms.

Debbie Bauer said...

Dorothy is sure evolving and looking fantastic. I have never seen a Magnolia tree but the pictures are always stunning.

Ellen said...

Beautiful progress on Dorothy! I at still at the eyelets band ha ha!

Hugs,

MoonBeam said...

Your Dorothy is beautiful. I have a total mental block with mine right now, one of those unexplainable things. I still hope to one day be sowing/ sewing the lovely flowers as you are doing now. Have fun with it.

Bobbi

Cindy L said...

I just love your Dorothy! Beautiful photos. She is still a sampler at the top of my long list.

Stitch Wizard said...

I just love your photos of Dorothy Walpole and your stitching on her is really beautiful. I bought Dorothy Walpole from Marsha and want to work on her when I get Elizabeth Sheffield completed. Your photos make me want to start sooner though! Love the Magnolia Blossom too. Our town is called Magnolia, in Texas.

Marsha said...

We had a huge computer upgrade in our lab, so I know what you mean. Craziness! Great work on Dorothy!