Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 13 June 2013

Susan's growing

Susan is growing little by little.  We celebrated a wonderful wedding over the Memorial Day (May 26th) weekend.  My son, Adam, married his sweetheart, Lauren.  We had a house full of out-of-town guests and it was wonderful to have everyone together for a long weekend.  We are scattered from California to Massachusetts and can't get together often.

Right before the celebration week started, I got the most wonderful package delivered.  My Needle Needs workstation with the Necessaire Floor Stand and Millennium Frame.  I could not open it as I was in the midst of cleaning and reorganising my stitch room to make room for an aerobed.  Such agony!  It was another two weeks before I got to set it up and use it.  I LOVE IT!  I usually work in hand but Susan Singleton is a LOT of linen to manage.  I have progressed with the tree trunk, fawn and butterfly now complete.  Even my husband noticed my more rapid stitching, and THAT is saying something.

I took these pictures last night.  I finished the butterfly and will soon start house construction. 



I took this from underneath.



Hope to be back sooner rather than later.

Marsha

9 comments:

PoundingSand said...

Love the details. I can just see a little girl 'coloring' the tree and the deer.

Kate

PoundingSand said...

Oh - and congratulations on your son's wedding, and your new toy.

Kate

Melissa said...

Susan is stunning! Thanks for showing the photos of the M frame and stand as I have been wondering about getting them. Did you have to wait long?

Congratulations on the special event!

Marsha said...

I waited about six weeks, but I knew it was going to be a while. I tried to wait patiently - it was hard.

Nicola said...

Please can we see some photos of the bride and groom, I love weddings, such happy, joyous occasions.

I am so pleased that you like your frame and stand.


Miss Susan is looking good. The colours are so vibrant.

Bethany said...

I don't remember ever seeing this sampler. Love the bright colors and it is nice to see it from all sides. Must be the wonderful stand. I am still working away on mine, but if I keep seeing so much accomplished with the MIL. Stand, I just might I to go for it......

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Absolutely wonderful!

Cindy L said...

Marsha, congratulation's on your son's wedding-so exciting. Your sampler looks wonderful and a lot of progress made. I am loving my frame too and have decided on ordering a stand (so much less stress on the hands). Looking forward on seeing your progress.

Fiona said...

Lovely clear photographs. So glad you got to set up your stand and frame eventually. You had a good reason for not setting it up. Great progress on your sampler.