Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 18 July 2013

A Finish N Hinde

This afternoon I finished N. Hinde 1778
A Miniature Sampler
1.5" x 2.5" stitched over one
35 Count Dyed Linen
Red Silk Thread
Pulled Thread Hem Stitch
English "plain sewing" original probably from Lancashire/Lancaster.
Scarlet Letter Details HERE.


Racin Frame - Custom Maple
Thank you so much for allowing me to stitch along with you!  I've had this kit since 1991 - and thanks to your motivational posts I can now call it done, complete and finished.
This is my fourth SL Miniature finish, but the only mini finish for this year.  I love them.

Now I am thinking of rewarding myself with the Vierlande kit.  Can you tell I love red?

Thank you again, keep stitching!
Dawn in Colorado
http://collectorwithaneedle.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Martha S said...

This is so sweet, I have it on my list to do.

Krista said...

Awesome finish!! I am amazed at how miniature it is!

Vera said...

So, so tiny and so, so beautiful. Congratulations on a fine finish!!

Lanie said...

I love your charming N. Hinde sampler and your framing is beautiful!
Well done and congratulations, Dawn!

Jenny said...

Your sampler is just wonderful Dawn! I love the pulled thread hem stitch....it really compliments the piece! Well done!

Jonette said...

Beautiful!! Love the way you framed this.

Sabrina Fechtel said...

That's so pretty!!!! I love it:)

Elizabeth said...

This is so nice and it is beautifully framed.

Nicola said...

I really like your choice of frame for this charming sampler. I checked out the Vierlande and am looking forward to seeing you stitch it.

Cindy L said...

Dawn, congratulations on your finish! I agree that this has been very motivational to complete the many beautiful SL samplers.

Dawn said...

Thank you!
I just love coming here to see all of your stitching.
Always motivates me to pick up my needle.

Scarlet Letter said...

The hem stitched border is outstanding and so appropriate. Brilliant work!

Bethany said...

Love this little sampler. I am always looking for smaller samplers to place in around my bigger ones. Love the hem stitching finish.

Dawn said...

Thanks again for the lovely comments.
I love grouping my samplers and right now have many paired with little quilts on my wall.
I'm heading off to the SL web site to do a little shopping....

Pamela said...

I had no idea this was so tiny! The frame really shows off your lovely workmanship. Looking forward to your Vierland...and more red! Love it.

Dawn said...

Thanks Pamela. I ordered it last night so ... Stay tuned. I have a busy Aug so may not get to start it until Sept.

Marsha said...

It's gorgeous. Love it framed like that.

MoonBeam said...

Congratulations on your teeny, tiny finish. Very sweet. I am hoping to stitch this one in blue.

Happy Stitching.

Bobbi